UX Design Intern
*BE PART OF SOMETHING BIGGER THIS SUMMER *
MarkovML is a well-funded VC-backed startup in the Bay Area. We're building an end-to-end ML Ops platform to help them derive optimal value from their ML/AI investments.
The founders are serial entrepreneurs with over $1B in exits to date. We're looking for a UX Design intern to join us in this journey and help us craft beautiful experiences for our customers. As a User Experience Designer-Intern, you will work with our lead UX designer to craft beautiful experiences for our customers. In addition to a competitive stipend, you'll be considered for a pre-placement offer at the end of your internship.
We are seeking experience in UX/UI design, with a strong interest in visual design. We expect the UX design intern to take a user-centered design approach to develop useable, useful solutions to customer problems. You will ramp up to the domain, understand product requirements in detail, define user stories, information architecture, iterate on workflows, detail the interaction & visual design. You’ll spend time thinking about, and assisting in the design of professional developer experiences. You'll be mentored by our lead designer and work closely with product managers and developers through the production & launch process.
Working on the visual design for our complex analytical product.
Implementing aspects of our UI style guide in one or more of our existing products using CSS.
Combine UX thinking with design execution, to produce usable and intuitive products for web and mobile, and any other form factors in the future.
Work closely with product management to understand product requirements, business goals and offers, user needs, and document user stories.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
- Currently pursuing undergraduate or graduate degree and in the final year of their program, from a premier institute in India.
- Strong in the design process, product detailing, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- A listener with great communication skills. Ability to present work to the larger team, defend design decisions, take feedback, iterate and evolve the solution.
- Enjoy understanding other cultures, perspectives, and willingness to work with people from different time zones.
- Command of contemporary design tools like Figma, Sketch & InVision.
- Experience with user research methods such as surveys, interviews, and usability testing.
GET IN TOUCH
If this opportunity with MarkovML resonates with the designer in you, please share your resume & portfolio here: email@example.com. The portfolio should demonstrate your best 2-3 latest projects that best describe your capabilities. Highlight your UX design process, user research methods used, problem identification & solution process, product detailing and execution.