Who we are: Founded in 2001, Vivid Seats (NASDAQ: SEAT) is a leading online ticket marketplace committed to becoming the ultimate partner for connecting fans to the live events, artists, and teams they love. We believe in the power of experiences and are fiercely dedicated to building products that inspire human connections. Named as one of Built In Chicago’s top 10 places to work in 2021, we believe that our People are our greatest competitive advantage. To support our People, we have built a company culture that empowers our employees to embrace challenges, encourages unity through collaboration, and seeks to constantly evolve by leveraging data and inspiring innovation.
The Opportunity: As a UX Copywriter at Vivid Seats you will be writing copy for the user interface of the web and app, transactional emails, as well as helping with marketing email copy from time to time. We’re looking for a blend of copywriting and UX writing with a firm focus on the end user. The copy supports the design to provide an intuitive and compelling experience for the user to easily accomplish their goals. The UX Copywriter is responsible for crafting highly usable copy in the established brand voice and tone appropriate for the context. The UX copywriter role works closely with UX designers and crafts copy collaboratively. Vivid Seats employs a casual, enthusiastic, and friendly tone on their customer-facing site, app, and order transaction emails.
How your role contributes to the success of Vivid Seats:
- You’ll help us to connect more effectively with our customers by creating straightforward and friendly copy that makes it easy for the user to accomplish their goals.
- You’ll partner with UX designers and product managers to understand context and goals and create compelling experiences on the web, app, and via messaging from push notifications to emails.
30 days in
- Complete new hire orientation, gaining the resources you need to be successful.
- Learn how ticket marketplaces operate and how you can contribute to providing outstanding experiences for our customers.
- Familiarize yourself with the brand and writing style guide.
- Get up to speed on the Vivid Seat customer and Vivid Seats Rewards program.
- Contribute to our approaches, methods, or technologies to support overall business goals and drive team efficiencies.
- Maintain, harvest and aid internal and external relationships to achieve progress and advance objectives.
- Continue shaping the experience at every user touch point by creating a consistent voice and tone in messaging.
- Contribute to the brand guide with any useful additional details. Help provide guardrails to establish a unified voice for other teams creating copy.
- Apply methods to execute individual tasks that positively impact the team.
- Play an active role in continued learning to advance skill sets necessary for team goals.
- Experience: 3+ years of experience as a user experience writer or similar role. You have a portfolio with examples of content that enhances and simplifies the overall user experience. Ability to manage several copy projects at once.
- Journalism or editorial experience background.
- Communication Skills: You’re skilled not only with written forms of communication but also keep your partners informed and updated on the progress of copy creation. You’re comfortable collaborating with partners as you craft copy.
- Problem Solving Skills: At Vivid Seats, we encourage a growth mindset. You’re excited about understanding user problems, keen to learn more, and keep exploring avenues to collaborate and problem-solve. You work with members of the UX and product teams to come up with creative approaches and consider a variety of solutions for each problem.
- Interpersonal Skills: You must display a genuine passion for product-centric innovation, an ability to work independently as well as with a team, and an exceptional attention to detail.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values the critical importance of a diverse workforce and sense of belonging. Many of our roles have flexible requirements and we encourage you to apply regardless of whether you meet every qualification.
Vivid Seats provides competitive compensation; bonus incentives and equity for all employees; FLEX PTO; mental health days; medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401K matching; monthly credits and discounts for attending live events; remote work and snack allowances; and a variety of additional workplace perks.