Apply for this job
Roofstock is the leading marketplace for investing in single-family rental homes. Our mission is to make real estate investing radically accessible, cost effective and simple. We want to use technology to transform the way real estate is bought and sold and make real estate investing as simple as investing in stocks. Simply put, we are passionate about helping our customers build wealth through real estate.
Roofstock has been recognized as a Great Place to Work® and was recently named to the Forbes Fintech 50 and the Red Herring 100 lists of most innovative companies. Roofstock has raised over $135M to date and have offices across the US in Oakland, California, Dallas,Texas and New York, NY with approximately 400 people and is growing rapidly. Check out our reviews and see why our employees love working here!
We've built an amazing culture where everyone has a voice. We're nice. We get things done. We have fun. We believe in work-life balance (yes, you can really take a vacation). And our values are pretty B.A.D.A.S.S.
Be customer obsessed.
Act like an owner, because you are one.
Don't be afraid to break things in the pursuit of better.
All of us are empowered to do the right thing.
Stay curious and create what's next. Fast.
Seriously. No jerks.
We are looking for a very creative and intuitive Senior User Experience Researcher who can help us continuously refine, unify and uplift our Roofstock’s user experience. As a member of our growing Design and Research team, you’ll have an opportunity to influence and guide our business, marketing, product and design teams to deliver world-class experiences that solve interesting problems in the traditional real estate industry. You'll focus on the needs and opportunities across all of our product lines — helping to gather meaningful insights to drive impact and change within the organization.
What you will do:
- Work directly with the product, design, business, marketing and operation teams to identify and explore different research topics.
- Be able to “connect the dots” and deliver meaningful insights that drive business, product and design decisions.
- Conduct both internal user and external user research projects for both formative and summative research.
- Plan and lead research projects from end-to-end, using various research methodologies in order to capture and synthesize feedback and data both qualitatively and quantitatively.
- Translate and communicate research results/insights in order to guide teams in the right direction on both strategy and tactics.
- Be a strong customer and user advocate, while working within the design team on a variety of platforms and products.
- Tell stories through personas, user studies, sketches, of how people behave and interact with our products and features.
- Develop research strategies in collaboration with product managers and design peers.
- Embrace a strong design culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for users and user-centered research practice.
- Implement user research strategies and methodologies and create documentation for current designers and future researchers to learn and understand.
What you bring with you:
- 3+ years experience in user research
- A portfolio featuring examples of your research work
- An excellent communicator and influencer who love sharing your insights and findings with your cross-functional teams
- Experience with complex research projects with the full range of different user research methods (i.e. contextual inquiry, ethnography, usability testing, expert reviews, surveys, in-depth interviews, card sorting, tree testing, focus groups, etc.)
- Strong ability to prioritize and choose which research methods to use to effectively gather most meaningful insights in order to drive business/product/design decisions
- Interest in real estate investing and our mission and the impact we can have on the real estate, proptech and fintech industries
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, or related field of study is a plus
For our regular full-time roles we offer a great benefits package!
Medical, Vision and Dental for you (95%) and your dependents (65%)
Flexible time off and sick days
Supplemental bonus to support "work from home" office needs
Equity incentives to give you a stake in the Company’s future
We are an upbeat and collaborative work culture
Virtual company-sponsored outings
Roofstock is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Roofstock, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.