Senior UI/UX Designer
Imagine if adolescent education was designed for all students to develop lives of meaning and purpose. In 2015 Project Wayfinder was founded at the Stanford d.school to answer this call. With our sixth academic year upon us, our toolkits + trainings have journeyed to over 70,000 students, 4,000 teachers, 300 schools across 34 states and 20 countries.
With our $6.5M Series A funding secured, we are now pushing our expansion across the country + globe. Our goal is to continue to double our impact and revenue each year for the coming years. Our vision is to become the preeminent SEL curriculum company in the world - leading the global movement of purpose learning, meaning making and belonging-based education world wide.
What We Value
You will be joining a staff of incredibly motivated and dedicated staff members that are committed to living the values of our organization. We have a very close culture where team members get to know one another and build lifelong relationships. We also feel and act like a purpose-driven organization. To the best of our abilities each person’s role aligns with their own sense of purpose which feeds into the organization’s larger sense of purpose.
Read this article by our Founder about our workplace culture in Conscious Company.
We also value access, equity, diversity, and belonging. This is represented primarily in three ways: our product, our staff, and our schools.
Product: We have intentionally developed our curriculum to be able to cross national, racial, and socio-economic boundaries. During the process of curriculum development, we have had over 30 educators work on and develop the curriculum from a variety of backgrounds.
Team: Our team is composed of people from a diverse range of backgrounds and life experience. We intentionally recruit, hire, and work with people from diverse identities + experiences.
School Partners: We intentionally target a wide array of educational partners from traditional to non-traditional that work with a range of students from different socioeconomic groups: we have taught our curriculum in low income schools in the Bronx, independent schools in Silicon Valley, and after-school programs in San Antonio.
Learn more: Project Wayfinder Team + School Partners
Wayfinder’s Senior UI/UX Designer is responsible for the vision, strategy, delivery, and performance of our product line. The role reports to the VP of Design.
We strongly encourage people from traditionally underrepresented populations in tech - such as women, People of Color, People with Disabilities, and LGBTQ+ people, etc - to apply!
- Understand customer and user needs through direct engagement and analytics.
- Translate concepts and technical requirements for new features into sketches, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that prioritize intuitive user experience and business goals.
- Continuously review our current application and propose changes that improve the user experience.
- Define, manage, and execute research and prototyping needs related to product development.
- Document and communicate research findings to internal stakeholders.
- Design modern, delightful, and intuitive user interfaces that align to existing brand guidelines, design systems, and design patterns.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, content experts, and product managers from discovery to delivery.
- Help to maintain and standardize our component library.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated experience with UI and UX design.
- A strong portfolio of case studies and relevant work samples.
- Proficiency with Figma.
- A track-record of working with designers, engineers, and content experts to create coherent and intuitive user experiences.
- Ability to work independently with general supervision and willing to receive feedback/guidance.
- Experience leading design research projects, usability studies, and customer engagements.
- Experience working directly with customers/stakeholders and interpreting their feedback.
- Outstanding time-management skills and experience working efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to articulate ideas verbally as well as through written analysis, sketches, and prototypes.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a bias towards action.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- An undergraduate degree or equivalent in graphic design, interaction design, product design, software engineering, user experience, or a related discipline.
- Experience with educational technology.
We offer a competitive package that is based on location and experience. We also offer the following benefits:
- + Stock: Ownership in a fast-growing venture-backed company.
- + 401k: We care about your ability to save for your future.
- + Family Focus: Parental leave and flexibility for families.
- + Time Off: Flexible vacation policy to encourage people to get out and see the world.
- + Healthcare: Medical, dental, and vision policies.
- + Goodies: Whatever hardware and software you need to get the job done.
- + Team Fun: Regularly scheduled events, annual retreat, and celebrations.
- + Learning: Learning & Development Opportunities to grow your skills and career.
- + Great team: Working with fun, hard-working, kind people committed to making a difference!
- + Flexible culture: We are results-focused. We don’t work at the office every day.
- + ...And much more! Lots of other perks make this company an incredible place to work.
Remote work. This role is remote, but requires you to be available for calls for at least 4 hours between 9am-5pm US Eastern Time. As such this role can be anywhere where you can commit to working half the day to overlap with that timezone, and will not require relocation once COVID is over.