Senior UI/UX Designer
If the future of work has radically changed, why hasn't our approach to education?
Backed by some of the world's leading tech entrepreneurs and operators (incl. the co-founders of lastminute.com, MADE.com, Degreed, Flixster, Curve, Ada Health, Lendable, Builder.ai), we're on a mission to build the world's first on-demand business school. One that's been radically reimagined, especially for startupland.
We're looking for a talented Senior UI Designer to join us on that mission and lead the design of our innovative mobile app. As a one of our first in-house design hires, you'll be a key pillar of our founding team.
Do you want to join us on the adventure?
We believe there’s a new breed of modern professionals building the businesses that will shape our future. They live in startupland and are passionate about harnessing new technologies to build a better world.
However, even the most motivated individuals face 3 major obstacles in their pursuit of accelerated professional growth:
— Lack of time
— Lack of guidance
— Choice overload
Inspired by what Duolingo has done for language learning, Headspace has done for mindfulness, Fitbit has done for fitness, we're on a mission to build the ultimate lifelong learning companion for the modern business leader: an on-demand business school that's future-focused operator-led and community-driven.
Our ambition is to scale a new generation of modern business leaders by giving them the on-demand knowledge and networks to build world-class teams, products and companies. The ones that history will remember.
ABOUT OUR FOUNDERS.
Born out of Founders Forum, a global network of the world's most successful tech entrepreneurs, we sit at the heart of Europe's tech ecosystem. This gives us unparalleled insight into the future of work.
Before Framework, our team launched Founders Academy, a zero-tuition 9-month "alternative-MBA" co-created with London's fastest growing tech scaleups (incl. Depop, Bulb, Memrise and more). We worked closely with 100+ operators across product, growth, ops, people, data, engineering & design to pioneer a world-leading curriculum spanning the fundamental business, technology and human literacies required to thrive in the future of work.
We’re now excited to launch Framework to scale our ambition and productise our unique insights into a mobile-first social learning experience to serve a new generation of modern business leaders across the globe.
ABOUT THE ROLE.
As our Senior UI/UX Designer, you will work closely with our co-founders to develop and launch the first live version of our innovative mobile app, with the goal of it being loved and used daily by 5K+ Founding Members, in <12 months.
This will involve:
- Rapidly prototyping & iterating designs based on user feedback and market research
- Designing a beautiful user experience for a cross-platform mobile application
- Defining our visual style and setting our brand guidelines
- Producing the visual assets for our platform, content and marketing campaigns
- Implementing a design system to support easy hand-offs with the engineering team
We're looking someone special to join our founding team. We'd absolutely love to hear from you if you:
- Have experience designing world-class B2C mobile apps with high daily engagement
- Are obsessively focused on how our product can create value for our users
- Are a particularly talented illustrator and interaction designer
- Are excited about contributing to every stage of the product development process
- Have a strong aptitude in modern design tools such as Figma / Sketch / InVision / Zeplin / Marvel
- Are able to balance a maniacal focus on details with a pragmatic focus on the business goals
- Have a startup mindset and embrace the process of rapid prototyping for product experiments
WHAT WE OFFER.
We care deeply about attracting exceptional people and empowering them to do their best work. Here are just some of the ways we'll set you up for success:
- ? Competitive compensation & significant upside: Competitive salary + equity, with a clear roadmap for progression. We want to make sure that you win if we win.
- ? Freedom to do your best work: We're building a choice-first culture. You can choose to work from home or from the Founders Forum HQ in High Street Kensington. Wherever you can do your best work.
- ? A tech stack to supercharge your productivity: You'll get a brand new MacBook, support for optimising your home office and access to the latest tech tools to help you fly through the day.
- ? Sustainable working habits: Building an enduring world-class company is a marathon not a sprint. We believe in steady progress without burning out. We offer 25 days paid leave + bank holidays.
- ? A collaborative culture: Just like a high-performing sports team, we form meaningful bonds, learn from failures, and are here to win together. We'll do everything we can to support your growth.
HOW WE INTERVIEW.
We believe magic happens when there's strong mutual alignment. That's why we treat the interview process as a two-way conversation. We'll always aim to get back to you quickly and can move as fast as you can. Here's a basic outline of our 3-step process:
- Step 1—Initial Interviews: You'll meet 1 or 2 of the founders where you'll have the opportunity to ask about the company and the role. We'll ask you questions about your skills, experiences, motivations and goals.
- Step 2—Work Simulation: You'll be asked to complete a short, job-specific task that'll give you a good taster of the kind of things you'll be working on in your first 3 months. We'll aim to feature some direct contribution to the creation of our product. You'll be compensated with a £50 Amazon voucher for completing the task because we know your time is valuable.
- Step 3—Final Workshop: You'll meet the founders again along with a couple of others in the team to talk through your assignment as part of a working session. This is a chance for us to mutually test drive what it'd be like to work together. As always, you'll have a chance to ask us questions.
WHY JOIN US.
- This is a career-defining adventure. You'll be part of the founding team of a funded startup with the ambition and platform to build a truly innovative product that will be used by millions of learners around the world.
- You will get the unique opportunity to shape our design culture from the beginning. As founders, we deeply value design. We fundamentally believe it's a competitive edge and we want to become famous for it. You'll get the platform and our full support to make that a reality.
- You will be at the heart of Europe's tech ecosystem. We collaborate a lot with our sister businesses across the Founders Forum Family—a vibrant ecosystem committed to supporting entrepreneurs and innovators.
We're taking applications on a rolling basis. So, if this sounds like the career-defining adventure you've been waiting for, apply here today. Please note, we're unfortunately not able to sponsor visas directly, so you'll need to have authorisation to work in the UK. We look forward to hearing from you!