We are looking for a mid-level versatile UI/UX designer with an eye for details, simplicity and delightfulness. If you love beautiful software in general, work visually on mobile apps specifically, and want to work in a team where design is entrenched in everything we do, then come join our team. You’ll get the chance to work for worldwide fashion brands like G-Star RAW, Scotch & Soda, Vince, Golden Goose and many more.
Being UI/UX Designer at NewStore.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be part of the Consumer Apps Design Team and you will focus on the Consumer Apps Platform. The teams core responsibility is the design of the consumer apps, Studio CMS and other related platform features. Moreover, the team is responsible for the design-driven culture that we have at NewStore. This means you’ll be involved in how we present ourselves online, how we pitch to prospects and how our communication is crafted. It is a role that requires a broad skill set and an engaging challenge to think horizontally. But no worries, we highly value work-life balance and as a product company we work on priorities and quality, not quantity.
Examples of projects and tasks you’ll be working on:
- Design, prototype and follow the development of future app and Studio CMS features and improvements;
- Design ‘on-brand’ experiences for the brands we work for when they join our platform or when they enable a new feature;
- Be responsible for the final look and feel of our product, its presentation and marketing.
- Work within the product team (typically with iOS, Android and Backend engineers) on our ongoing releases;
- Support sales & marketing to ‘wow’ our customers with rich presentations, webpages, and other assets.
What we are looking for in a UI/UX Designer?
- An ideal candidate has experience with designing a mobile product at another company and is now looking for a job where they will have even more influence on the final product and in a company where the love for UX/UI and design is shared at all levels.
- You are someone who is creative and visually oriented. You like to work in cross-disciplinary teams and multiple touchpoints – app, web, or presentations.
- Your portfolio shows you have an eye for detail. You are very passionate about digital design and pixel-perfection does not bother you.
- You are always wondering how you can make things even better than they are today. As a design-oriented person, you keep track of what goes on in the world of mobile design.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in UX/UI design or related studies, but if you are a self-made type of person, please do not hesitate to contact us too.
- You have at least 1 year of experience with most aspects of UI (user interface) design for mobile devices. Web experience is a plus.
- You have knowledge of and experience with at least one of the following; Figma, Sketch or Adobe Xd.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Protopie, Framer, Principle, Figma or other software is a plus.
- You have an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of iOS, Android, and Web. Basic HTML and CSS knowledge and/or experience is a plus.
- In general, you have good analytical skills, an inquisitive attitude, and you can professionally communicate in English.
- Flourish in a culture of trust, ownership, and excellence;
- Work remotely whenever you want;
- Possibility to work from our HQ at the heart of Utrecht (where delicious free lunches are provided daily and we’ve got weekly team drinks on Friday);
- Ability to work anywhere between 32-40 hours/week, on a flexible schedule;
- Competitive compensation package based on skills and experience;
- Share in the success: Employee Stock Options Program;
- 25 vacation days + 5 flex days;
- Yearly personal development budget;
- We pay 70% of your pension plan;
- Monthly team drinks (for Dutch employees);
- You’ll be employed directly at NewStore or through long-term contracting based on your location and personal preferences.
Everyone is welcome here
At NewStore, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We know that diverse teams make better teams. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical [dis]ability, or length of time spent unemployed. We invite you to apply and join us!
Questions? We’d love to hear from you!
We can only consider candidates who hold a valid EU Passport or Dutch work permit.