Posted 1 year ago
Apply for this job
Metatheory is a technology-first entertainment company leveraging Web3 games, animation, and interactive media to build complete virtual world experiences. We are a remote first team founded by serial entrepreneurs, including the co-founders of Twitch, Wakandacon, 96Next, and The Harbinger. Our first project, DuskBreakers, can be found at www.duskbreakers.gg.
We are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile UI designer to turn our game software into easy-to-use products for our clients. As a UX/UI Designer you will be working on the overall user experience of our games in all aspects and phases of production. You will be providing UX, UI and Interaction design and documentation for various aspects of the game, UI Design system, and be a part of implementation.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with other designers and engineers
- Work closely with producers, writers, game designers, artists, and engineers to create wireframes user-flows and interfaces for our websites, video games, and more
- Conduct and interpret user tests and interviews to identify user behavior and areas to optimize user experience
- Discover what matters to users and help determine not just what things look like, but how they work and what we build next
- Develop rough ideas into polished storyboards, user flows, and interfaces
- Conceive transitions and animated effects to enhance gameplay and tutorials
- Predict, identify, and resolve experience design issues that could impede player experience in your general product area
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in UX/UI
- Degree in UX/UI, Game Design, or Media Arts, or strong portfolio demonstrating equivalent work experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite with a bonus for Unity experience
- Demonstrable aptitude in wireframing, graphic design and interface design
- A track record of excelling with little supervision
- Experience managing multiple priorities in high-stress, time sensitive environments
- Passion for games and immersive entertainment
- Thrive in a fast paced startup environment
- Bonus for a portfolio featuring shipped games
Salary range in US 60K to 90k USD
Will work from home initially
Will need to have your own computer and software initially
Candidates should be comfortable working in a remote, fast-paced, fluid, and ever-changing startup environment. We are currently remote first and will always embrace work from home culture, although we may have some more offices in the future. Candidates should be excited about the future potential of blockchain, but no prior experience is required.