60% of the studios behind today’s top 100 mobile games have been tested with PlaytestCloud. Our aim is to reach 100% by the end of 2022!
- We’re the premier user testing provider for mobile games - we help game studios worldwide make the best games they possibly can.
- We’ve built technology that modifies iOS and Android games on a binary level to add screencast recording, security features, and instructions.
- We’re bootstrapped and profitable, with 300+ paying game studios and 1,000,000+ playtesters.
To achieve our bold goal, we are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious, and innovative UI/UX designer (f/m/d) to adapt and eventually replace our Bootstrap-based web design, to ultimately create a strong “PlaytestCloud design identity” that delights both game studios and game testers. Our chosen candidate will:
- Generate world class designs and take charge of the design language at PlaytestCloud
- Be the first person in this role, take responsibility for a core part of the role from day one and make an impact in our small and growing UI/UX team
- Interface with our Product Manager and our User Researcher to define the UX for user stories
- Create wireframes for user flows
- Create mockups using the tools of your choice (Figma, Photoshop, etc.)
- Communicate with Software Engineers about how to best implement your designs
- Create an application design guide for the company
- Optional: Assist in implementing your designs in HTML and CSS
- You have experience with designing UI and UX for web-based responsive applications
- You have a strong sense of aesthetic
- You are able to lead UX/UI design efforts, and don’t just want to be a ‘cog in the machine’
- You are confident in your skills and can convince stakeholders of the merits of your designs
- You have (near) native spoken and written English skills. German is not required for the role.
- You also have experience with designing UI and UX for mobile-first sites or native mobile applications
- You have technical skills in modern HTML and CSS, even better if you know TailwindCSS and/or Bootstrap
- You like video games and would enjoy working in the gaming industry
Here comes the fun part! If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible work hours and location, a competitive compensation package and benefits - and most of all, being the authentic you - we want to meet you.
Here are some of our perks & benefits:
- Hybrid work model: Employees can flexibly switch between different workplaces - and even work 100% remotely. You're also welcome to work from our centrally located office in Berlin-Charlottenburg
- German lessons on all levels (A1-C2)
- Budget to set up your home office environment
- 27 vacation days + additional time off on December 24th and 31st
- A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
- English is our company language
- Pet-friendly office
- Strong culture: We have a feedback-driven company culture that is open to trying new paths, where the best idea wins
DO YOU NEED TO MEET EACH HIRING CRITERIA
??A common question you might be asking is: “Do I need to meet all the requirements to apply?”
Our answer is, studies by several different sources have shown that, on average, men will apply for a job if they meet 60% of the application requirements. By contrast, women/non-binary people will seek to match a much higher percentage of the requirements before applying. We encourage everyone to apply and give us a chance to evaluate your skills and experience. We are all learning on the job, and although the listing above has been carefully compiled, we are also open-minded and interested to hear about the value you can bring to the role, and to PlaytestCloud.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At PlaytestCloud, we welcome diversity, and believe everyone should have a fair chance at setting a high score. We are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everybody who works here or with us, regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion (or lack thereof), political affiliation, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or any other protected characteristics. Join us and make the future of mobile gaming diverse, inclusive, and exciting.