Senior Product Designer
Position Title: Senior Product Designer
Position Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt
As of: February 4, 2022
Healthmap Solutions (Healthmap) is an NCQA-accredited industry leading kidney population health management company. Healthmap uses big data resources, integrated advanced technology, clinical expertise, and complex care management to improve the lives of people living with kidney disease. Healthmap also helps healthcare providers and payers achieve the value-based results they need. Our company is a diverse and growing organization committed to our clients, the patients we support, and our employees.
We are champions for better health, for those who need us most.
The Product Designer will construct and lead User Interface design prototypes, requirement specifications, user scenarios and stories, and customer research summaries. The designer focuses on creating elegant solutions for our internal and external customers, aligning on problem statements with the product management team, and delivering clear and concise specifications. An expert on our products and user processes, this individual maintains strong relationships with users, stakeholders, and the Product/IT teams. A very important part of this role will involve being able to drive a design project through the software development lifecycle. This means following up with the cross-functional teams on a regular basis to make sure they fully understand the design and are proceeding with development, testing, and training until the product’s release.
- Understand not only the user needs but the strategic and management goals of each workflow.
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user-friendliness to complex design roadblocks.
- Lead user research and documentation of workflows, task flows, usage scenarios, and feature design requests.
- Create wireframes, hi-res designs, and prototypes for major projects.
- Conduct UI/UX design audits and feature-level usability testing.
- Create plans for user testing events and customer Beta programs.
- Design & maintain style guides for the application.
- Serve as the ‘voice of the customer’ throughout all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle and ensure UX expectations are exceeded.
- Understand each project's vision & goals and ensure product requirements support these objectives.
- Employ user-centered design principles and techniques to develop UI prototypes and refine them based on user, QA, and team feedback.
- Construct and maintain feature specifications for developers with detailed requirements and annotated UI design samples.
- Implement processes and best practices with regard to quality assurance practices.
- Design and document information system requirements including functional specifications, data flow, screen layouts, and conversion activities. We love workflow charts!
- Document functional specifications, conversions, upgrades, interfaces, reports, forms, and workflows.
- Drive the project from its inception through functional verification such that the end result meets the original design and objectives.
- Perform manual and functional testing of each build and release.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- 7+ years working on web application design, preferably in the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of the latest Web and mobile design styles such as flat, minimalistic, and content-driven designs.
- Experience with collecting market data in support of new feature requests and product usability testing.
- Success working with and leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience writing feature design specifications or similar requirements documentation.
- Knowledge of user-centered design principles and techniques.
- Experience with social networks and gaming techniques is helpful.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities to meet project deadlines.
- Experience with Agile project methodology.
- Experience with IT industry and security and operations software, including Aha!, Jira, Confluence, Invision, Miro, or similar industry-standard tools.
- Basic software installation, Web application configuration, and QA testing skills.
- Experience with responsive mobile and native smartphone apps is helpful.
- Experience designing user interfaces with Adobe Suite.
What You Bring to the Team
- Excellent presentation skills, interpersonal skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills to the target audience.
- Strong relationship-building skills, multitasking, prioritization, and solutions-oriented.
- Strong strategic thinking, critical thinking, analytical ability, verbal and written communication skills to the target audience.
- Metrics-driven ability to understand key goals from the program and understand reporting results to communicate areas of opportunity to physicians and/or office staff for behavior modifications.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Why Join Healthmap Solutions?
- Be a Champion for Better Health: Healthmap Solutions is transforming the kidney population health management industry and improving the healthcare experience for patients. Healthmap has a proven formula for driving success for its clients and patients.?
- Unmatched Expertise in Mapping a Healthier Future: Healthmap Solutions uses proprietary algorithms, big data, and personalized interactions to drive better health outcomes for patients and value-based care for health plans. ?
- Exciting Opportunities: Healthmap is poised for hyper growth and needs talent with vision to see the future state and willingness to jump in and build it. ?
- Meaningful Partnerships:? Healthmap Solutions has been recognized as a top employer?by numerous media and professional organizations. Talented, passionate individuals make the difference in this fast-moving, collaborative, diverse, and inspiring environment.?
- Growth and Innovation: At Healthmap, we are just getting started. Come grow with us and support our mission to make a tangible different in the lives of our members.
The road to better kidney health management starts with Healthmap Solutions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we will not discriminate against any job candidate or employee due to age, race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, disability, familial status, veteran status, marital status, parental status, or pregnancy. In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.