Who is Upwardly?
Upwardly’s mission is to help Calgary companies hire for what’s next. We’ve adopted industry-leading technology that disrupts how our cities' next generation of talent is being identified, assessed, and vetted. We’re illuminating candidates, not eliminating them based on their resumes, highlighting their power skills, and advocating for their impact. We've built a personable high-touch recruiting experience that sources the best next-gen talent that the market has to offer.
Our client is a rapidly growing Calgary Tech company that provides its technology to customers in over 80 countries on five continents and is positioned to further expand globally. Its employee engagement platform allows for peer-to-peer recognition that enables organizations to boost engagement, retention, and productivity. Focused on empowering managers and employees to give meaningful intrinsic appreciation to each other, our client's mission is to help build high-performance teams through a culture of recognition.
We are looking for a hard-working, experienced, and dependable individual to join a UX function that works within the product team and reports directly to the Manager and Product Manager. The UX designer will use design thinking and user experience skills to contribute to creative processes from initial concept to final deliverables of an agile development environment. As a designer, you are organized, detail-oriented, and collaborative. You are self-motivated and can work independently or as part of a team, and are conscious of deadlines despite an ever-changing work environment. You are proud of your accomplishments, but want to continuously grow through learning, development, and feedback.
Candidate must have -
- Previous UX Design experience - intermediate level (2 years+)
- An understanding of SaaS concepts, and familiarity with UX modes of working
- Expert skills with leading design and prototyping tools (Figma, Adobe XD, etc)
- Experience in working in an agile development environment alongside product managers
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities
- Exceptional organization, planning, and time management skills
Job Responsibilities and Requirements -
- Collaborate and brainstorm with Product Managers, Software Developers and fellow UX Designers to ensure quality solutions are developed for our clients
- Attend daily development team stand-ups and actively engage in regular meetings with teams to define the experience requirements and solutions
- Evaluate and drive improvements in user experience for existing products
- Create user experience artifacts including storyboards and user flows with modern UX design tools
- Create mock-ups at different levels of detail for use in various stages of the web and mobile app development process
- Provide actionable design feedback for completed development work.
Please note* - We aim to give our candidates the best experience possible. But due to the high volume of candidates we receive, we regret to inform, that we will only get in touch with shortlisted candidates for the role.