Who We Are
Glidewell Dental is an industry-leading provider of dental technology products and services to dental professionals worldwide. Headquartered in Newport Beach/Irvine, CA, the Glidewell campus is home to 3,300 employees and complete with an employee gym, cafeteria, massage therapist, acupuncturist, and of course, a dentist. Glidewell Dental employs over 5,000 employees worldwide and is privately owned.
So what is a dental company doing with technology?
Glidewell is dedicated to building the future of dental through additive manufacturing, data science, and even machine learning. We research and develop new innovative products and services for the dental industry at affordable costs. Just ask your dentist!
What We Look For
We look for hard working interns that understand and are passionate about their craft. Here, you’re a member of a team. You can clearly and effectively communicate ideas, needs, and issues to peers and management. This includes the communication of requirements, development, progress, new ideas, errors found, etc.
In Glidewell's Summer 2019 Internship Program, you will:
- Partner with a mentor who will provide guidance and real world education every step of the way
- Gain hands on experience with project(s) that are extremely valuable to the company
- Be challenged by unconventional thinking
- Collaborate with individuals and teams to accomplish department milestones
- And most importantly, have fun!
Who You Are
You are passionate about crafting delightful and friendly user experiences. You’re passionate about creating the highest quality product possible, with the user in mind from beginning to end.
You will play a key role on a product team, working closely with users, product owners, and engineers. Collaboration with your product team as well as other members of the design team will be crucial in your day-to-day.
- Apply UX processes, including user research, information architecture, wireframes and prototypes, usability testing, and metrics to inform your design decisions.
- Make design choices with intent and clearly relate those decisions back to established research.
- Work within existing guidelines for style, visual, and component patterns.
- Self-motivated, articulate at communication, and receptive to feedback. You know how to manage your time and stay on task.
You should have the following:
- Must be at least in Junior standing in pursuit of Bachelor’s in Human Computer Interaction, or related field
- Knowledge of User Centric Design Deliverables
- Able to approach problems from multiple angles, and open to accepting that the first solution is not always the best solution.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Portfolio of designs
What's In It for You
In addition to gaining valuable real world experience, you'll be working with a collection of innovative techies who love to code and talk technology all day long! And if that's not enough, here is a short list of what we have for you:
- PAID Internship!!!
- Employee gym (cardio classes, yoga classes, free weights, squat rack, treadmills, etc.)
- Game rooms (pool, ping pong, foosball, etc)
- Employee appreciation days (Company BBQ, special events, etc.)
- 2 company restaurant style subsidized cafes
- Fun off site outing events to mingle and bond with other interns and mentors
- A diverse work environment and much, much more!
Disclaimer: Glidewell does not provide housing or flights for interns.
Glidewell Laboratories is the industry leader in dental technology due to our agility, speed, and cutting edge technology. We work in a fast-paced and highly sought-after employee-friendly work environment. Behind all of this success is an amazing group of people who are passionate about bringing innovation to the marketplace, while providing quality and affordability to better the lives of people all over the world. If you share in our passion for teamwork and a vision for excellence, let's talk about a rewarding career at Glidewell!
In addition are the following generous employee benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K with company match, company-paid life insurance, additional onsite dental services, vacation, holiday, and sick time, employee gym (with fitness classes and meditation room), employee medical/wellness center (with massage therapy and acupuncture), two company subsidized cafes, Internet cafes, employee lounges with big screen TVs, game tables, fun company sponsored events, a diverse work environment with over forty nationalities represented, and much more!
Note to Current employees: Please apply through Employee Transfer Application to complete the transfer request form.