UI/UX Designer (Contract)
Plume is a passion-fueled, mission-driven company that is trans-founded and focused on radically increasing access to healthcare for the trans community, supporting a bold, authentic and healthy lifestyle. We hope to make gender-affirming hormone therapy easily accessible at the touch of a button in every state of the US.
We are rapidly expanding and are now available to more than 1 million trans individuals and have built a team that is more than 50% trans. We are an organization by and for trans folks and we want heart-forward awesomely talented teammates to join us on our journey.
About the Role
We’re looking for a UI/UX Designer to work on our Product team. What does the future of gender-affirming care look like? What does a comfortable telemedicine patient experience look like? How can we serve diverse members of the trans community better?
You should be excited about these sorts of problems, and the idea of helping establish and execute a vision for them. This is a rare opportunity to help shape the future of gender-affirming care in a virtual setting.
This is a contract role for 3 months and up to 20 hours per week, and will be fully remote. We also are looking for contact to full-time hire opportunities after this engagement.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally with product management, engineering, clinical and design peers
- Create, collaborate, and iterate on flows, Figma prototypes, and high-fidelity visuals with other designers
- Design and ship high quality product improvements
- Contribute to overall strategy and decision-making about product direction
- Help deliver and refine clear storytelling around product needs and opportunities
- Love tackling new and ambiguous problems and shaping them into clear goals
- Excited about service design and love extracting insights from the team
- Have experience leveraging prototyping skills to articulate your designs
- Value high-quality, well-crafted visual design, and care about the details
- Are comfortable leading large projects and design reviews across multiple teams
- Product copywriting is an asset
- Experience with Wordpress is an asset
Here are some projects you could work on:
- Designing group therapy and mental health experiences
- Improving chat communication and using data and testing to introduce new features
- Improving file and asset way-finding and cross-team design communication
- Range of $60 to $75 USD per hour (up to 20 hours per week for a 3-month contract) based on experience and project needs
This work is deeply personal and heart-driven, and we want teammates who, above all else, care. We offer an affirming, trans/queer-friendly, culturally inclusive work environment filled with purpose and camaraderie. As an equal opportunity employer, we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Read more about Plume here: www.getplume.co