Senior UX Designer
Title: Senior UX Designer
Practice: Experience – UX Design
Reports to: Head of UX Design
In this position, you'll have the opportunity to work on client and consumer-facing projects while also supporting in-house initiatives. The right candidate for this role will have great attention to detail and craft along with a well-established track record of direct and major design contributions to a variety of projects and experiences. This role works alongside other designers, developers, behavioral scientists, data scientists, and engagement managers to design impactful digital products and services for our partners. Additionally, this role contributes to UX Design practice area growth by contributing to internal projects and process improvements as well as supporting business development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Produce most design work outlined in project SOWs; drive projects through the entire user-centered design (UCD) framework lifecycle, from user needs identification to deployment as the design subject matter expert
- With minimal supervision, collaborate with Engagement Managers, Engineers, Behavioral Scientists, Business Analysts, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions.
- As a facilitator, lead most of the following activities:
- Requirements workshops
- Design Thinking workshops
- User interviews to inform product requirements
- Ideation sessions
- Design feedback with client
- User feedback sessions
- Usability testing sessions
- Heuristic evaluations
- With minimal supervision, communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process with wireframes, flow diagrams, storyboards, and/or high-fidelity prototypes; hand over design outputs to development
- Integrate user feedback and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Advocate for the prioritization of design-centered changes, refinements, and improvements.
- With minimal supervision, work with the highly effective Experience, Engineering, and Engagement Management teams to contribute to UX Design deliverables:
- On time
- Within project parameters
- Up to ChaiOne standards
- To internal and external stakeholder satisfaction
- Create various design artifacts for internal initiatives (e.g., illustrations or diagrams for blog posts, conference presentations, templates, etc.)
- Create and maintain rapport with internal and external project teams, including stakeholders
- Demonstrate Subject Matter Expertise and effectively communicate design direction and decisions in all communication to internal and external project stakeholders
- Contribute to the group’s best practices for UX design while continually advocating the user centered design process and craft throughout our organization.
- Support UX Design practice area by:
- Training, mentoring interns and more junior team members
- Screening and interviewing UX Design candidates
- Engaging with a candidate network
- Contribute to internal initiatives, strengthening our design practice and internal processes and deliverables.
- Demonstrate active professional presence in the user experience (or related) communities by attending events, creating thought leadership content, maintaining membership in related organizations
- Must be willing and available to travel nationally and internationally for client projects as required, up to 25% annually
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Design or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years relevant experience designing engaging digital products and/or experiences
- A strong understanding of user-centered design (UCD) with a demonstrated ability to craft designs in support of inspiring digital products and services
- Demonstrated successful execution of some of:
- User feedback sessions
- Usability testing
- Heuristic evaluations
- Demonstrated ability to lead and ideate products from scratch and improve features, all within a User-centered Design (UCD) process
- Proficiency in design tools (Adobe XD, Sketch, Keynote, Photoshop, Illustrator, prototyping tools)
- Demonstrated understanding of the software development process, design-to-development hand-off, including how to work with engineering teams
- Demonstrated experience designing for multiple platforms such as mobile (Android and iOS), wearables, and web.
- Strong problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to design for multiple platforms
- Ability to create and coordinate various design artifacts (user-flows, journey maps, service blueprints, wireframes, visual comp mocks, prototypes, specs, related documentation)
- Good presentation and written communication skills
- Good communication and consulting skills including but not limited to:
- Active and effective listening
- Anticipating others’ needs
- Reading and adjusting to the audience
- Providing effective feedback
- Familiarity with design systems and branding guidelines
- Clear, concise verbal and written communication skills
- A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with customers, business partners, and developers throughout the entire product lifecycle
- A desire to continually learn and grow as a designer as well as share and guide junior designers and team members
- Demonstrated ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Disability & Life Insurance
- 4 weeks PTO
- Unlimited Sick Time
- Employee Discounts (Fitness, Car Rental, Airport Parking and more)
This role will require occasional travel to client sites (up to 25%).
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.