Senior Product Designer
Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including:
Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising
Content, offering a headless CMS
Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions
Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI-optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. Bloomreach recently raised $175 million in a Series F funding round, bringing its total valuation to $2.2 billion. The investment was led by Goldman Sachs Asset Management with participation from Bain Capital Ventures and Sixth Street Growth. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Bloomreach is seeking a strong Senior Product Designer for our Discovery team. This role will specifically focus on our Search & Merchandising product which leverages the latest AI/ML technologies and powers some of the largest and most recognizable brands in the world (e.g. Staples, Neiman Marcus, Gap). You will be designing User experiences and interfaces for merchandisers, product managers, and data scientists to create magical and personalized shopping experiences for shoppers across B2C & B2B E-commerce. At the same time, working with the global product design team to ensure UI consistency and seamless integration between various Bloomreach product lines. A Senior Product Designer supports the Product Management and Engineering organization to plan, design, and build state-of-the art products using tools such as user empathy & research, problem analysis & synthesis, interaction & visual design to develop high quality user experience.
This role will be reporting to Bloomreach Discovery team’s Product Design Lead.
Your job will be to:
- Work with product managers to understand the market and its largest problems.
- Craft, plan, and execute market problem research to help the team focus on the right problems to solve.
- Be bold and creative while creating options; being critical and thoughtful while converging on the best solution.
- Be market and users goal-driven while converging on solutions.
- Prototype ideas rapidly to assess viability and design the fine grained details of interactions.
- Bridge the last mile of product development by refining your design usability testing, being proactive in trade-off discussion with engineering, and participating in QA process.
- Write, present, and share what you have learned; both with internal stakeholders and with the wider UX community via our blog, books, and events.
Your success story will be:
- In 30 days, you will be able to gain a fundamental understanding of Bloomreach’s product functions, our core market, and how we build products.
- In 90 days, you will be able to deliver your first product design project, with the help of the design lead as co-designer.
- In 180 days, you will be able to own large product design initiatives from end to end, from conducting market problem research, to defining feature scoping, to UI design iterations & validations, to engineering collaboration, and hopefully shipping your product to the real world.
- In 210 days, you are not only focusing on designing great products in Bloomreach discovery, but also initiating new processes or practices that improve the efficiency of how product and engineering teams build products.
You have the following experience and qualities:
- Professional — experience in UI/UX design, preferably in an e-commerce company or for an e-commerce platform/software company
- Personal — independence, strong communication skills, and a self-starter
- 4+ years of product or UI/UX design experience.
- Excellent cross functional communication skills that are tailored to different audiences.
- Proven ability to back-up every design decision with strong rationales.
- Experience in building and shipping complex applications or software.
- Excellent self starter who can initiate projects that elevate the UX status quo of Bloomreach, which includes improvements of product design processes.
- Minimally 2 mature product design portfolio pieces that clearly outline the business context and goal of the project, the key research findings & top problems, how you make critical design decisions, and how your final solution solves the problems. Your best portfolio piece should be a clear, engaging, and well structured story.
- Experience in SaaS software design preferred
- Experience in B2B enterprise software design preferred
- Experience in Ecommerce related industries preferred
- Experience in AI, Search, Recommendation, or Analytics related products preferred
- Motivation and willingness to work on big, time-sensitive projects
- Fluency in English and exceptional communication skills for cross-functional collaboration
Excited? Join us and transform the future of commerce experiences.
Bloomreach is the world’s #1 Commerce Experience Cloud, empowering brands to deliver customer journeys so personalized, they feel like magic. It offers a suite of products that drive true personalization and digital commerce growth, including: Discovery, offering AI-driven search and merchandising; Content, offering a headless CMS; and Engagement, offering a leading CDP and marketing automation solutions. Together, these solutions combine the power of unified customer and product data with the speed and scale of AI-optimization, enabling revenue-driving digital commerce experiences that convert on any channel and every journey. Bloomreach serves over 850 global brands including Albertsons, Bosch, Puma, FC Bayern München, and Marks & Spencer. For more information, visit Bloomreach.com.
Regional benefits - US:
- Health care including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan with employer contribution
- Discretionary Time Off
- Disconnect Days
- Personal development fund
- Remote work
More things you'll like about Bloomreach:
A great deal of freedom and trust. At Bloomreach we don’t clock in and out, and we have neither corporate rules nor long approval processes. This freedom goes hand in hand with responsibility. We are interested in results from day one.
We have defined our 5 values and the 10 underlying key behaviors that we strongly believe in. We can only succeed if everyone lives these behaviors day to day. We've embedded them in our processes like recruitment, onboarding, feedback, personal development, performance review and internal communication.
We believe in flexible working hours to accommodate your working style.
We work remote-first with several Bloomreach Hubs available across three continents.
We organize company events (summits) twice a year to experience the global spirit of the company and get excited about what's ahead.
- We encourage and support our employees to engage in volunteering activities - every Bloomreacher can take 5 paid days off to volunteer.
We have a friendly atmosphere and motivated colleagues who love what they do.
The Bloomreach Glassdoor page elaborates on our stellar 4.5/5 rating.
We have a People Development Program -- participating in weekly personal development workshops on various topics run by experts from inside the company. We are continuously developing & updating competency maps for select functions.
Our managers are strongly encouraged to participate in the Leader Development Program to develop in the areas we consider essential for any leader. The program includes regular comprehensive feedback, consultations with a coach and follow-up check-ins.
Bloomreachers utilize the $1,500 professional education budget on an annual basis to purchase education products (books, courses, certifications, etc.)
Our resident communication coach Ivo Ve?e?a is available to help navigate work-related communications & decision-making challenges.
The Employee Assistance Program -- with counselors -- is available for non-work-related challenges.
Subscription to Calm - sleep and meditation app.
We organize ‘DisConnect’ days where Bloomreachers globally enjoy one additional day off each quarter, allowing us to unwind together and focus on activities away from the screen with our loved ones.
We facilitate sports, yoga, and meditation opportunities for each other.
Stock options are granted depending on a team member’s role, seniority, and location.
Everyone gets to participate in the company's success through the company performance bonus.
We offer an employee referral bonus of up to $3,000 paid out immediately after the new hire starts.
We celebrate work anniversaries -- Bloomversaries!
If this position doesn't suit you, but you know someone who might be a great fit, share it - we will be very grateful!
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our website or to personal email accounts of employees of Bloomreach are considered property of Bloomreach and are not subject to payment of agency fees.