Senior UX/UI Designer
Senior UX/UI Designer
(Full Time & Contract Ending December 2022)
Citco is a global leader in fund services, corporate governance and related asset services with staff across 80 offices worldwide. With more than $1 trillion in assets under administration, we deliver end-to-end solutions and exceptional service to meet our clients’ needs.
For more information about Citco, please visit www.citco.com
About the Team & Business Line:
Proprietary software solutions and innovation are at the core of what differentiates Citco in the alternative investment space. Through our network of global development centres, Citco invests heavily in technology development, security, and infrastructure to ensure our clients continue to receive award-winning products that underpin our commitment to service excellence.
As a core member of our IT Reporting team, you will work with dedicated professionals to ensure our clients maintain access to their critical information assets while keeping Citco ahead of industry trends.
We are seeking a passionate, creative, detailed oriented Senior UX/UI Designer to contribute to the creative direction together with the Product Team for CitcoOne. CitcoOne is the client portal of Citco through which all reporting of all business functions for each of the business lines, Hedge Funds, Fund of Funds as well as Private Equity and Real Estate Funds is channeled.
The ideal candidate for this position should be passionate, creative and detail oriented individual that enjoys working in a fast-pace program that leverages the Agile development process. You will partner with the Delivery and Product Teams to design new features and products for CitcoOne.
You will be involved in every aspect of the design process, from discovery and ideation, to wireframing, prototyping, designing, user testing, and iterating. You will be expected to create research driven, compelling, and optimal user experiences as well as bring CitcoOne products to life with exiciting visual designs. You will also participate in evolving the CitcoOne design system and mentoring Intermediate and Junior designers. In addition, while advocating empathy for the user, you should be an analytical thinker and creative designer who is able to grasp user needs and solve problems.
- You will contribute to the user experience and creative design process: rapidly develop information architectures, user flows, wireframes, high fidelity designs, prototypes and specs.
- Facilitate UX design workshops between a variety of cross-organizational teams of product owners, engineering and end-users using industry-standard tools and techniques
- Translate business problems and ideas into clear design tasks and communicate these to product owners, engineering and end-users
- Perform usability testing to gather feedback and incorporate them in further product iterations
- Define/refine visual and UX design language and components as part of the CitcoOne design system
- Ability to design in an agile, iterative manner with light documentation when required
- Keep up to date with best practices and trends in the marketplace and competitors
- Take personal ownership (going beyond assigned tasks to make projects better, identify and reports issues, demonstrates strong concern for client and initiatives)
- Work with delivery team to make sure that technical aspects can be achieved, while ensuring that the user experience remains the top priority
- Mentor and guide junior and intermediate UX/UI designers
- Help select and manage vendors/consultants for UX design and creative work as necessary
- You have a Bachelor’s degree/certificate in HCI, Design, or similar discipline, or the equivalent education and experience.
- 5+ years of professional design experience for consumer or enterprise web application
- Strong portfolio of websites that demonstrate visual design principles translated into working production systems
- Exceptional design skills with strong working knowledge in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Suite, Balsamiq or similar tools
- Passionate about amazing product design and an appreciation for elegant user experiences
- Experience with responsive design for enterprise web applications
- Experience or familiarity working with a design system is desirable
- Experience in mentoring junior designers
- Prior relevant experience as a Senior or intermediate UX/UI Designer or equivalent is required
- Results-oriented, forward thinking strong team player
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage multiple activities with multiple teams in an agile environment
- Experience working in financial services industry is desirable
Your well-being is of paramount importance to us, and central to our success. We provide a range of benefits, training and education support, and flexible working arrangements to help you achieve success in your career while balancing personal needs. Ask us about specific benefits in your location.
We recognize diversity as a source of organizational pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection.