Apply for this job
Mendix is a low-code app development platform:
First, what is low-code? Low-code is a visual approach to software development that enables you to abstract and automate every step of the application lifecycle. Gartner predicts that “by 2024, low-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.” Mendix is repeatedly ranked a Leader in analyst reports from Gartner and Forrester. In the 2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant for Multiexperience Development Platforms, Mendix placed at the very top of the Leaders quadrant.
Mendix, the global leader in enterprise low-code, was created to promote collaboration between Business & IT teams. Thousands of forward-thinking companies around the world like Ford Auto, Rabobank Netherlands, Zurich Insurance, and Red Bull, can unleash their best ideas faster with the help of the Mendix Platform.
Mendix is a Siemens Business:
Siemens is a Top 10 Global Software Company and a leader on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in the World! With the acquisition of Mendix in 2018, Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enhance the digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics meet the future of innovation. Mendix employees have the opportunity to work in a hyper-growth environment with the support of Siemens’ unbeatable market position and resources.
Mendix has a fast-growing customer network and our Expert Services team plays an important role in driving the adoption of our Low Code, Cloud-based and Agile development platform to develop multiple web- and mobile apps.
We are adding to our team and are looking for a UI/UX Consultant with Front-end development skills to support our client base in India and APAC.
Do you have a creative, innovative, and inspiring personality with phenomenal empathy and a strong passion for design to deliver the best user experience and bespoke apps? Are you a true great teammate who is eager to roll up your sleeves and get the job done as part of an outstanding and hardworking team of Experts? If so, come and join our awesome team!
You’ll help our customers drive digital innovation by:
- Supporting and advising customers, as well as partners, in enabling them to become self- sufficient with maximizing the User Experience of their applications on the Mendix platform
- Being hands-on and playing an intrinsic part of the app development process using the Mendix platform. You will be responsible for the preparation and execution of multiple phases; through hosting design thinking workshops using product canvas (product vision, personas, user journeys), creating the first wireframes and eventually translating them into slick UI designs for our customers and prospects
- Conducting usability tests, and adapting designs according to the users feedback
- Developing Design kits and re-usable UI elements using SCSS/Sass, HTML5
- You will leverage the Mendix Atlas UI Framework to implement or enable the client to implement the before mentioned designs into their application(s) – Responsive, PWA or Native - based on best practices in terms of UX and responsiveness
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and best practices
- Working on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success
You're the innovator we need if you have:
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design, graphical design or product design with a solid understanding of HTML, CSS, Sass and Bootstrap with shown Photoshop or Illustrator experience
- Minimum of 3+ year’s experience of front-end implementation using CSS, HTML5, ReactNative styling skills is must
- 3-7 years of work experience as a UX designer, ideally within an Agile environment
- Preferred Mendix Intermediate or Advanced Certification and 1+ years Mendix Project implementation experience
- Experience in designing mobile friendly websites and web-based applications and familiarity with Accessibility guidelines as WCAG
- Demonstrated experience building UX output such as wireframes, design mock-ups, flow charts, functional specifications, and style guides
- Ability to prototype rapidly, be it with paper, hand-coded HTML/CSS, Sketch, Figma, Invision, AfterEffects or Adobe XD
- Expert knowledge of best practices in user interaction design, visual representation of complex data, information architecture, and user interface conventions as applied to complex business applications
- You thrive in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication
- An amazing portfolio that demonstrates the use of creative and novel solutions to solve complex problems
- Willingness to Travel in APAC countries like Australia, Singapore, Japan etc
What you’ll experience at Mendix:
- We consider our people as people – not as “assets”
- We’re focused on results – not on “boxes” and “rules”
- We’re all unique and we want you to be yourself
- We celebrate success as a team
- We care about personal and professional development
- A journey of a lifetime on our way to the top