At Veo, we're bringing the next generation of mobility sharing to cities and universities globally through electric bikes and scooters . We design and engineer our own vehicles, hardware, and software systems to provide a greener, healthier mode of transportation to make the communities we serve more sustainable and livable. Our mission is to offer the best combination of multi-modal sharing technology and seamless customer service, so users can unlock joy in their day! We're looking for exceptionally talented individuals who are ready to take on exciting challenges and own solutions.
The Sr. UX Designer is responsible for understanding Veo’s business requirements as well as being responsible for conceptualizing and conducting user research, interviews, and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The Sr. UX Designer is expected to lead and deliver multiple projects on time and within scope. The UI/UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience.
The Sr. UX Designer will report directly to the Creative Director, with close collaboration with the CTO and the Dev team.
- Conceptualize and conduct user research, interviews, and surveys. Gather and analyze data to understand user needs
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experience
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and devise solutions
- Take a user-centered design approach and test and provide feedback to the development team and design team during the development stages
- Lead and manage all aspects of projects; collaborate with the Dev team and internal design team, set deadlines, monitor and summarize progress of projects to ensure all deliverables are delivered on time and within scope
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Design or Computer Science, or equivalent experience and training. MS degree is a plus.
- A portfolio that demonstrates your experience leveraging user-centered design
- 4 - 5 years of experience as a UI/UX or Product Design experience (Graphic Design experience is a plus)
- Proficient in softwares such as FIGMA, and Zeplin (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign is a plus)
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to understand business metrics and translate them to goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Strong problem-solving skills to determine solutions to user interface challenges
- Ability to multi-task and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills to communicate ideas to developers effectively
- Passionate about making the world a better place to live and bike