Head of UX Design
Posted 11 months ago
Apply for this job
Happy Returns makes returns beautiful for shoppers, merchants, and the planet—if you’ve ever done a box-free return from Amazon to Whole Foods/Kohl’s/UPS, that’s a process we invented and is used by more than 75% of shoppers from brands like Everlane, Revolve, Levi’s, Gymshark, Allbirds, and many more.
We’re solving the #1 pain point in ecommerce. Our solution is delightful for shoppers (our lifetime Net Promoter Score is 93, one of the highest for a consumer service of any kind), we save merchants up to 40% on return costs, and our box-free aggregated shipping with reusable totes reduces cardboard usage and carbon emissions to increase sustainability.
Our company is in hyper-scaling mode—in software and logistics—and we’re looking for especially talented leaders to join our “startup” team within PayPal to help fuel this growth. We offer rapid career development as well as competitive compensation and world class benefits.
As the Head of User Experience Design, you will lead the user experience function for Happy Returns, including setting and maintaining UX standards, operations, and best practices, as well as hiring, managing, and leading a team of UX professionals to design the industry-leading products that enable Happy Returns to continue to rapidly scale our business.
- Report to the co-founder and head of product
- In conjunction with executive leaders: own and evangelize best practices for how Happy Returns performs the UX function, including the UX role in the software development process; UX tools, processes, and operations; and interactions with related teams
- Be the standard bearer and lead evangelist for outstanding UX/UI design at Happy Returns
- Build, manage, and lead a small team of high-performing UX professionals, ensuring that each is delivering designs that meet or exceed the needs of the business and has an energizing path for growth
- Be the primary owner for the overall quality of Happy Returns UX/UI
- Ensure the UX team works seamlessly with the Product Management and Engineering teams
- Collaborate with executive leadership and key stakeholders to ensure the UX team meets the needs of the business and has its needs met as well
- Regularly communicate status of UX performance to senior executives and other stakeholders
- Identify and perform or delegate all other activities that are required for the success of the UX function, as necessary
- Strong passion for outstanding UX/UI design and execution
- Demonstrated track record of solving complex software UX/UI design challenges to yield outstanding products; numerous examples will be requested
- Ability to thrive in a challenging, fast-paced culture with numerous meaningful projects being developed simultaneously
- Excellent ability to communicate (written and verbal) and collaborate with peers and executives to identify opportunities and prevent or resolve challenges involving UX
- Minimum 6 years of successful experience as a UX/UI designer, delivering enterprise products at scale
- Minimum 3 years of experience directly managing UX designers and process
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills