commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest ever valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
As UX/UI Designer at commercetools, you are responsible for the whole design process: From research and discovery to visual interface and API design. You work closely together with product management and engineers in agile teams, shaping the future of the Composable Commerce product, and contributing to our design system.
In your role, you will combine a mix of design skills to support your team. From heuristic evaluation, design methodologies, strategic UX, prototyping, UI design, and design consultation. All with the aim to deliver high-quality user experiences.
The Checkout team enables multi-channel checkout use cases for our customers across B2B and B2C, providing functionality to manage carts and orders in a flexible way - to meet each customer’s needs for the experience they want to provide, and the business value they want to unlock.
If that sounds interesting, send us your application and a link to your latest portfolio or attach samples to showcase your work.
Please note that for this role, we can currently offer full-remote work for candidates based in the European Union and in the United Kingdom.
- Conduct research to discover improvements or new functionality that solve customer problems. We like to involve the whole team, and we love being close to our customers and users.
- Be an advocate for excellent UX: Continuously assess usability and design quality and user satisfaction in your product area and use those insights to influence plans and roadmap to make room for UX improvements.
- Collect, organize, and analyze qualitative and qualitative data.
- Create personas, user flows, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, or other artifacts to share and discuss your design proposals with internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepare user interface designs and UX copy to guide engineers during implementation, and quality-check the results.
- Use and contribute to our design system, to ensure consistency.
- Join the UX/UI chapter for knowledge sharing sessions and peer coaching.
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience conducting research studies, applying User Experience design methods and techniques, and delivering User Interfaces, preferably for products built for businesses.
- Strong skills at converting the user needs to visual interfaces, applying our design system and patterns.
- Proficiency in prototype tools such as Sketch, Axure, InVision and others.
- Finding joy in experimenting and iterating on ideas. We like feedback loops.
- A collaborative mindset. We listen to customers and users, engage in discussions with colleagues, and value diverse opinions and backgrounds.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English as you'll need to both drive research studies and be able to articulate your design decisions.
- Having worked in commerce would be a big plus. The general domain is not too hard to get into, but previous knowledge will speed up onboarding.
- UX writing skills. We do not have a dedicated UX copywriter and having someone to share knowledge within the UX/UI group would be awesome.
We care about your Growth and Well-being
?? Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
? Open Learning & Development Budget
? ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
? Our Benefits: Check them out here
?? Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated employees
? Mindset & Growth: A diverse workspace with an open, international culture & learning environment
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
? Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.
We are all different and that is what makes us stronger! We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company better.
commercetools celebrates being a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunities employer. If your professional profile aligns with our specific hiring requirements and company culture, then we encourage you to apply. We will assess your competencies, future potential, approach to learning and self-development and passion, and not your age, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, familial status, genetics, or disability.