This is a mid to senior level role, responsible for the UX and UI design of Movio’s B2B marketing and analytics platforms, which serve the world’s movie studios, distributors and exhibitors.
You will evidence a passion for delivering elegant and creative solutions to UI/UX design problems, integrating best practices and assessing emerging trends in UI/UX. As part of the Movio design practice, you’ll ensure that all elements of the user experience are optimised for usability, utility, and exceptional visual design.
You will have responsibility across Movio’s suite of products and, in doing so, will:
- understand various users’ psychology and personas as they relate to Movio’s product suite through user research and data
- partner with Product to establish the strategic needs and problem statements driving interface and data design
- gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers
- communicate ideas, drafts and prototypes to internal stakeholders
- find creative ways to solve the big UX problems along with the detailed interaction design that makes the difference between good and great
- conduct concept and usability testing and gather feedback from customers, as well as external and internal stakeholders
- develop wireframes, UI mockups and prototypes that illustrate how platforms function and appear, along with any design specs needed for hand-off to Engineering
- design graphic user interface elements, like menus, tabs and widgets, navigation buttons, search fields, etc.
- define and enforce design systems that adhere to Movio’s Brand Guide, and systemise other design elements as required beyond the Brand Guide
- remain well-informed of competitor products and industry trends
Movio’s purpose is to connect all moviegoers with their ideal movie so everyone can experience the magic of cinema. If you love movies, technology and data like we do, then you could be Movio’s next big star, working with some of the world’s leading cinema circuits and movie studios!
We're the global leader in marketing data analytics and campaign management, supported by the world's most comprehensive database of moviegoers and movie titles. From this database, we extract actionable moviegoer insights so that our studio-side and cinema-side clients can execute measurably-successful marketing campaigns.
With offices in Los Angeles, Auckland and London, we've been transforming the way movies are marketed all over the world for more than a decade.
A strong team player you will create value and build trust through contribution, and a genuine care in doing the best for your team and Movio.
Constantly improving the way we work, you’ll create value by challenging the status quo, taking intelligent risks and prioritising what’s most important for Movio.
You’ll build trusting relationships across the business through your open, honest and constructive manner. Believing in the magic of cinema you’ll seek to understand the bigger picture of the wider business and industry, to better contribute towards Movio’s success.
- Strong, proven experience in a UI/UX Designer role
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work, for both web and app platforms, demonstrating a refined approach to usability and aesthetics
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise tasks and self-motivate
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience interviewing clients
- Experience working with virtual teams, across international markets
- Passion for the movie/entertainment industry
We’ve built a team that love what they do and share a passion for great movie experiences for our customers and great code. We champion career development and learning, share knowledge and ideas freely, and have a dynamic and open culture.
We offer you some great benefits that include:
At Movio we value inclusivity and celebrate diversity. We're committed to offering equal opportunity to our staff and candidates - regardless of gender, age, race, ethnicity, marital status, disability, sex, sexual orientation, religious, ethical beliefs or political opinion. This commitment is reflected in all our employment policies and procedures.
In 2019, Movio NZ proudly received the Rainbow Tick certification, which formally recognizes us as a safe, inclusive workplace for all people across diverse cultures, genders, and orientations.