Senior Product Designer
4 days per week, hybrid central London location with approximately 2 days per week in the studio. Expected 2 months, day rate £400-500 based on experience.
We are about to kick off an exciting project to reimagine our core personalisation journey. We will be launching an increasingly diverse range of books over the next 12 months and need to fundamentally redesign how customers personalise books on wonderbly.com, to allow for deeper personalisation.
We’re looking for a senior digital product designer with experience working across (brilliant!) ecommerce and direct to consumer brands and collaborating across product teams to design elegant user journeys.
In this role you would lead the design and vision for the core personalisation journey. You’ll need to take the complexity of making a personalised book and craft it into a simple and engaging user experience. We’re looking for someone who can dig into the current challenges of personalising a book, sketch and prototype new customer journeys and interfaces based on best practice and user feedback.
This means we’re ideally looking for someone with experience working at the intersection of user experience and user interface design, research and UX writing.
Day to day you’ll be collaborating with small multi-disciplinary teams as the design lead with a peer product lead and tech lead working to design new personalisation features and set out the product vision for how customers will personalise books in the future. You’ll take your project briefs from the squads’ Product Leads but you’ll report to our Creative Director on design and content quality questions.
Expected skills and experience
- Great agile team player - experience working directly with engineers, analysts, designers and product managers to create and ship change as part of an agile development process
- Strong foundations in digital product design - able to link business goals and strategy to design guidelines and performance.
- Track record of designing and shipping complex user experience designs.
- A passion for great User Interface and Interaction Design.
- Good understanding of ecommerce best practices and KPIs - able to draw on personal experience and wider industry knowledge to guide decision making on the role of design in navigation, search, filtering, browsing and related user needs.
- Love for our category and brand - we want someone that loves book, kids and families content and who connects deeply with our internal company values of courage, kindness and curiosity.
How to apply
Please send an up to date CV, ideally with project examples or a portfolio and a short covering letter where you tell us why you’d like to work with us. We’d also like you to write us at least one paragraph about the best digital personalisation experience you’ve recently seen.
Wonderbly is the world’s leading personalised publishing company. We conceive, design, promote, sell, and make wonderful books for wonderful customers all over the world.
Our mission is to make people feel extraordinarily special, and bring them closer to the people they love, through the power of personalised stories. So far we’ve shipped almost 8 million books to over 175 countries. We’ve done this in just eight years, and we’re just getting started.
Getting personalised books to all those millions of customers requires a multidisciplinary team. Our wonderful people have experience across editorial design, research, production, software engineering, marketing, ecommerce, data analysis, print-on-demand manufacturing, shipping… the list goes on.
This means that Wonderbly is a very collaborative and creative place to work, with lots of opportunities for growth and development across a broad range of skills.
We’re based in London, where we have a bright and light studio for working together. But like many digital first companies, we have a hybrid operating model with many colleagues working from home and further afoot much of the time.