Apply for this job
KUDO is a New York based startup providing a language as a service platform enabling video conferencing with live language translation. Our expertise covers streaming real-time language interpretation to client’s web meetings and live conferences and keeps participants engaged no matter where they are. KUDO is revolutionizing the conferencing and language service industry, seeking to break through all geographic and language barriers impeding multilingual communication. We seek to create connections and allow people and businesses to work together from anywhere, at any time, and in any language. KUDO is a young startup that was founded in 2017. We are growing quickly with numerous multinational enterprise clients. If our mission resonates with you, please check us out at kudoway.com.
While KUDO is headquartered in New York City, our team is globally distributed and culturally diverse with employees spanning across all corners of the world. We have teams, partners, and customers across North America, Europe, Asia, and South America.
We are eagerly seeking talented individuals to join us in our mission to overcome language and geographic barriers around the world. If our mission resonates with you, we highly encourage you to apply!
The User Experience Designer position at KUDO is an outstanding opportunity to join a vibrant, disruptive technology company that is helping Fortune 100 businesses and governments around the world host multilingual online meetings and live events powered by remote simultaneous interpreting (RSI). You will create design concepts, journeys, and slowly introduce UX at KUDO across all products including new and existing B2E, B2G, and B2B2C products that are currently being used in more than 100 countries globally. You will spend half your time and efforts on UX Research, and the other half on wireframing and collaborating with UI designers.
- Collaborate with and across teams including product management, designers, and engineering to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals, and experience.
- Execute all product design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Initiate discovery or understanding of qualitative issues using methodologies like surveys, contextual interviews, tree testing, user interviews, usability testing (moderated and unmoderated–and all remote usability for the foreseeable future)
- Help us create a culture of knowledge sharing, and investigating quantitative data with tools like Pendo, Google Analytics, or Tableau
- Create storyboards, process flows, personas, user scenarios, user flows/journeys, service blueprints, sitemaps, wireframes, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas–and know when to use these tools or methods based on the project’s scope
- Present, defend and propose key design milestones to peers and executive level stakeholders
- Identify, understand, and troubleshoot UX problems
- Be a guide and advocate of user experience within the organization and with clients
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a UI / UX full stack design role across web and mobile
- Experience building B2B, B2G, or B2B2C applications
- Experience using qualitative user testing tools like – Optimal Workshop, User Zoom, UserTesting.com, Dovetail
- Experience with wireframing / information architecture tools – Axure, Balsamiq
- Experience with interaction design / visual design tools – Figma
- Experience creating storyboards, user flows, and wireframes
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
What We're Looking For
- A designer of creative and intuitive user interfaces
- Flexible with hours to coordinate with other team members across the globe
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Familiar with other languages
- Experienced working on products with an international user base
- Being a team player with excellent manners and personality
- Comfortable working remotely and using video conferencing
What We Offer
? An opportunity to work at a mission-driven organization where your efforts directly help break down language barriers.
? The experience of working with an incredibly diverse and international team spread across 20+ countries.
? An open and transparent company culture where individual and overall company performance is talked about and shared.
? A front-row seat at seeing what a growing team and business looks like.
? Remote company setting with autonomy, flexibility, and great benefits including annual learning and development reimbursement, generous PTO, and setting you up with the hardware you need upon joining KUDO.
The principles of diversity and inclusion are essential to the success of KUDO. We are committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We value the diversity in our employees, and we do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
KUDO will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Our "Remote" positions may be done in the region they are posted in with the exception of Colorado due to local Colorado posting requirements.