About Hazel Health
Hazel Health, the national leader in school-based telehealth, was founded in 2015 to address systemic inequities in healthcare access, and to ensure that all children and adolescents can get the quality care they need and deserve. We leverage digital health technology to provide physical and mental health care services to nearly 2 million students in school districts across the United States.
Telehealth is now more relevant in the lives of children than ever before. Hazel is experiencing tremendous company growth as we respond to our nation’s call for equitable, affordable, and safe virtual access to healthcare.
We are a mission-driven team of healthcare and business leaders, educators, and tech innovators, bringing together our unique skills in a meaningful way to do good in the world. Please consider joining us to share your talents with a growing and diverse organization, working to make healthcare available to all students.
We are looking for a UX Designer to design best in class experiences for students, parents, school staff, our own stellar healthcare providers, case managers, external providers, and more. Your role is integral to supporting growth, identifying and addressing needs & opportunities and ultimately improving the health and well-being of the children/youth we serve.
We are reimagining equitable physical and mental health care pathways with K-12 students at the center. If you’re looking for a role where your work will impact the lives of millions of children across the country, we would like to meet you.
- Represent UX as lead on product teams, partnering with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross functional peers
- Designing, delivering and measuring intuitive and meaningful product experiences including user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and production ready designs.
- Plan, facilitate and participate in discovery workshops, usability tests, interviews and ongoing interactions with key stakeholders, customers, and other users to develop informed user-centric solutions.
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 4 years experience designing and launching web and mobile products in a rapid growth environment. You have shipped products and worked on follow-on improvements and expansions of product releases.
- A compelling portfolio and/or case studies demonstrating user-centered design methods and abilities throughout the product development process, from discovery to successfully delivering great product experiences.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills; ability to distill complex problems into simple documentation tailored to the audience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Solid understanding of the tools (e.g Figma)
- Experience with planning, running and moderating user research studies a plus
- A strong track record of collaboration with Product Management, Engineering, and other cross functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in design, HCI, or equivalent professional experience
- Bonus: experience with healthcare, service design, patients, and/or clinical workflows.
This is an exciting position in a fast-paced organization. We offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package.
At Hazel, we don’t just accept differences—we thrive on it. Having a diverse team makes our company, our products, and our solutions and service to families and schools stronger and better. Hazel is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status, or Veteran status.
All offers of employment are conditioned on a candidate’s consent to a background check and our satisfaction with the results. Qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.