UI/UX Product Designer
As a UI/UX Designer, you will be part of the team that delivers the next generation of Dash Open Source and Dash Enterprise products. Dash enables data scientists to quickly and easily build and deploy highly functional, production-grade data apps in Python.
Our products include Python libraries for building exceptional interactive web applications and data visualizations, low-code development tools and IDEs to aid the software development process, data connectivity features to aid the data science and data pipeline process, and an application deployment platform to easily bring applications into production.
We aim to radically simplify the software development process, rethinking the way web applications are developed and deployed. Our customers are extraordinary data scientists in large companies with stringent data access and enterprise IT requirements. Typically, building enterprise-grade internal tooling would take our customers months to years. With Dash Enterprise, data scientists can build apps in hours to days.
As a UI/UX Designer, you will work closely with product managers and engineers during the entire product lifecycle, from ideation, prototyping, development, and iteration. You will be responsible for all aspects of the UI in our products, from developing detailed wireframes to human interface guidelines.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with product managers to develop product ideas into compelling wireframes that can be implemented by engineering
- Collaborate with product managers to develop component-based user interface design systems that enable our customers to build beautiful, highly functional web applications with little effort
- Collaborate with engineering to refine wireframes due to technology limitations or opportunities
- Provide UI/UX feedback to engineering teams during product development
- Provide UI/UX feedback to technical writing teams on content hierarchy, readability, navigation
- Solicit & incorporate stakeholder & customer feedback of wireframe prototypes and existing products
- Establish and maintain UI/UX patterns across products and company assets
Technologies you’ll be working with:
- Whimsical or Figma (collaborative wireframe software)
- Figma, Photoshop, Sketch (design software)
- Confluence (reading, developing, and iterating on product proposals)
- Slack (company communication)
- Zendesk (reading & researching support tickets from customers)
- Exceptional UI/UX thinking, information design, and data visualization abilities shown in a portfolio of real-world projects
- Understanding of developer needs from firsthand experience or working on developer-first products
- Experience with best-in-class component design systems and guidelines (e.g. Apple’s Human Interface Guidelines)
- Up-to-date knowledge with the latest software design frameworks, design systems, components
- Ability to develop and iterate on wireframes quickly and efficiently
- Experience with UI/UX tools such as Figma, Sketch, Photoshop, Invision etc.
- Clearly present your point of view, express ideas, and accept feedback
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Thrive in ambiguity
- Love thinking at a high level and also sweating the details
Nice to Haves
- First-hand front-end/UI software experience. We do not expect that you will be coding in this role, but that your developer experience will inform the type of developer-first product that we provide.
- Graphic design experience
What We Can Offer You:
- A way to put your skills to use enabling people around the world to better understand their data and make better decisions
- Knowledge-sharing with smart, motivated colleagues and folks working at the most sophisticated companies in the world
- Flexible schedule and generous PTO
- Medical, dental, vision, and more benefits
- Company stock options
- Parental leave policy
- Learning and development program
- Community involvement
- Home office set up fund
As a company with roots in the open-source community, Plotly introduced web-based data visualization to Python. Today, the company offers Dash Enterprise, which provides the best software tools and platform to enable every enterprise in the world to build and scale data applications quickly and easily.
At Plotly, you'll work alongside a diverse team of first-class scientists, engineers, developers and builders that challenge the status quo and set the bar high. We encourage each member of our team to explore and expand their skill sets on a continuous basis, to approach every problem with curiosity and an open-mind. Together, we make it possible for people everywhere to share data, facts and information.
Plotly is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance.
Learning and development opportunities
Medical, dental, vision and more
So yeah, we work hard. We have many puzzles to solve and we are having fun doing it.
We also have incredible customers and a strong, supportive community that we want to stay connected to.
We’re looking forward to getting to know you!