Apply for this job
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
The role of Senior UX Designer will find solutions to complex UX problems, finding balance between user and business requirements and working as part of a newly established but growing UX, UI and Research team.
Adaptavist is building the next generation of low code SaaS products for cross platform integration of tools like Slack, Jira and Trello. You will lead product discovery, understand users and their values and provide ongoing advice and support to the cross-functional product team as well as contribute to the product dedicated design system development.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely and effectively with wider UX, UI and Research teams on a variety of different projects.
- Collaborate closely with developers, product managers, marketing managers, technical writers and other designers.
- We don’t believe in hand-offs to developers. Working closely with the Development team during implementation to address any and all issues or design decisions needed.
- Use data and insights provided to make informed UX decisions to ensure any new UX activity provides tangible value to business and is aligned with overall UX strategy.
- Present and defend your design decisions. All your design decisions should be based on the overall UX roadmap, data and research as well as fundamental UX principles and UX Playbook.
- Continually keep yourself and the design team updated with the latest changes and trends in UX space as well as Atlassian activity.
- Create, improve and use wireframes, prototypes, drawings and user flows to effectively communicate your vision and proposed solutions to project stakeholders all the way up to executive level.
- Contribute to various activities such as Usability, Prototype testing, Design System Build and maintenance, Design Preference Testing, Interaction and flow, User and stakeholder interviews etc.
What we're looking for
- Proven experience within a similar role
- Strong UX design experience
- Full efficiency in tools like Miro, Figma and InVision
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards and user flows
- Creative ideas with problem solving mindset
- Experience working in an agile/scrum development process
- Being open to receiving objective feedback both from internal and external sources
- Ability to keep seeking the best possible solution with resources available
A few nice to haves
- Experience with SaaS product design
- Experience of managing and coaching individuals
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!