User Experience Researcher
Ascend Innovations is looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing team and help us solve problems with experiences that enable community health organizations to better serve the most vulnerable populations. We work with clients ranging from recovery boards, to hospice organizations, to grass root community health programs focused on important initiatives such as reducing infant mortality and the impact of mental health & SUD on our communities.
? About Ascend
Ascend Innovations is a socially impactful technology company that provides data-driven products and consulting services to help organizations solve complex community health problems. We desire to empower all communities to improve health and wellness with human-centered technology. Owned by the three hospital networks in Dayton, Ascend is uniquely positioned to build solutions around mental health and addiction, chronic disease, social determinants of health, and other core focus areas related to community health. Ascend’s long-term strategy is to build data-driven technologies for communities while in parallel identifying scalable opportunities to transition product and produce spinout companies through Ascend’s startup studio, Ascend Ventures.
?? What We Value
Our team culture is rooted in the values of drive, perseverance, trust, accountability, and community.
- We aspire to be better
- We grow through challenge
- We are open and honest
- We have each other's back
- We are better together
- ? Unlimited PTO
- ? 3 months fully paid parental leave
- ? Work Remotely
? Who You Are
- You have a least 3+ years in the User Experience field, preferably in research/strategy.
- You hold a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or have equivalent work experience.
- You have excellent listening, communication and critical thinking skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams, customers or partners.
- You live and breathe the design thinking process, love to work iteratively and believe in progress over perfection.
- You are able to translate a lot of information into actionable insights, key problems to solve or areas of opportunity.
- You are familiar with UX research and design tools like Figma and Dovetail.
- You desire to be a part of a growing team and are comfortable in an environment where process and strategies are evolving and continuing to be defined.
- You have an innate drive to do meaningful work that makes an impact on our communities.
- You ask questions, are open to feedback, take risks and champion new ideas.
?? As a UX Researcher, on a given day you will:
- Partner to understand business needs and develop UX research methodology that is unique to the client ask/objective.
- Execute generative and evaluative research and gain a deep understanding of the end-user through by leveraging both quantitative and qualitative methodologies.
- Facilitate one-on-one interviews, group discussions, workshops and usability testing.
- Synthesize and communicate research findings into user flows, personas, visuals, journey maps, findings documents, wireframes, etc.
- Collaborate, brainstorm and problem solve with other UXers, data scientists and analysts, engineers, product/project managers and client partners.
- Represent the voice of the end user in product vision, strategy and roadmap conversations.
- Pivot from product to product quickly, and operate at both 30,000 feet and knees deep in the weeds.
- Ensure experiences, products, solutions, enhancements and features are rooted in the user.
- Champion User Experience, design thinking and educate others on the value it brings.
? Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our team mates to find a work mode that is best for them!
- We offer flexible fully remote, hybrid, or in-office working arrangements.
- We are not currently offering remote positions in California or New York
- Our primary office is in Dayton, Ohio (EST Timezone), but we also have a presence in Columbus, Ohio.
- For the time being we ask that all employees be located within the United States.
? Benefits Highlight
- Inclusive healthcare package (medical, dental, & vision)
- Automatic 401K employer contribution
- Health Savings Account with employer match
- Flexible working style
- In-office, hybrid, or 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the US