Our Mission ??:
To digitise the whole lifecycle of the rental accommodation industry by creating the most advanced technology platform for the rental accommodation industry.
— To help people with housing, anywhere.
Our Values ?
We Care. We Perform. We Evolve.
HousingAnywhere is Europe’s largest rental accommodation marketplace. With the full ownership of Kamernet and the acquisition of majority stakes of Studapart, the company represents 20 million+ yearly unique visitors, 160,000+ properties available for rent and 96,000+ tenants finding their new homes in Europe, based on the 2021 performance. Young professionals and students, mostly aged between 18 and 35, looking to rent a home are matched with accommodation providers; ranging from private real estate owners to large-scale property managers. Through its advanced platform, tenants typically book for longer stays outside of their country of origin and rent accommodation for 3 to 12 months. The company aims to help 130,000+ people find a home in Europe in 2022. The Rotterdam-based technology scale-up currently employs 260 people.
About the role
We’re looking for a UX designer to join the Kamernet product team. As the largest platform for rental properties in the Netherlands operating since 2000, Kamernet helps 30,000 people to find a home annually. Our focus has always been on understanding our users’ needs and providing them with the most efficient tool. This is why in our work we put a great emphasis on user centered design and user research.
As a part of our product team, you will research, analyse, and design Kamernet product to ensure the best user experience for both tenants and landlords. We expect you to have a strong eye for detail and a thorough systems-thinking mindset. You’ll also be keen on working in an agile environment with short, fast-paced design iterations followed by validating your solutions with the users.
- Take responsibility for the entire design process in the Kamernet product team, from initial research, ideation, conceptualization and design, to testing and validation.
- Own and drive the UX metrics for your team. Be conscious of how your design solutions impact the user experience outcomes for the users.
- Deeply understand user needs. Support the team with user research and lead with user-centric design by absorbing customer feedback and insights received across all channels.
- Proactively identify opportunities for UX improvements in your domain, working in close collaboration with product owners, engineers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure a high-quality and consistent user experience and visual language for Kamernet.
- Communicate product design ideas to cross-functional teams and leadership.
- At least 4 years of experience in the UX design field, including 2 years of experience working within a product company.
- Experience in research-led product development combined with a proactive attitude.
- Experience contributing to the development of a design system for a product and constantly keeping the design system updated.
- Great understanding of both business needs and tech constraints and reflecting this in your design.
- Skilled in conceptual and detailed design, visualizing complex ideas into a coherent flow and transforming it into elegant visual interfaces.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- A portfolio featuring UX (wireframes/prototypes/other UX artifacts) and visual design work
What's in it for you? ??
- Work from anywhere is our policy, including flexible working hours
- Unlimited holiday policy, with a minimum amount mandatory each year!
- You have the opportunity to take full ownership of your work.
- Work with a goal-oriented, diverse and inclusive team! Think 160+ people from 30+ different nationalities.
- We will support your relocation process (e.g., flights and VISA)
- Budget for Dutch or English classes to help you kick off your stay in the Netherlands, and help you immerse yourself in the Dutch culture.
- Work in a spacious, modern and brand new office in the heart of Rotterdam, with free coffee, snacks, fruits, and a social space with entertainment facilities.
- Personal equipment including company laptop, screens and adjustable tables and chairs.
- We don't care about what you wear. You're welcome to wear a 3-piece tuxedo or even a dragon onesie, we won't judge you!
- Company discount on Gym membership in the Netherlands.
- Variable pension scheme from January 2022.
- 10% of work time for personal development.