PlugShare, a wholly owned subsidiary of EVgo, is home to the largest community of EV drivers in the world, with a community of over 3MM EV drivers who rely on us to plan their journeys and public charging stops. Every day, drivers add more station locations, constantly making the app more comprehensive and accurate. From within the app., users check-in when they charge, sharing tips, comments, reviews and photos of their charging experiences. Drivers, automakers, utilities, and the rest of the EV community rely on our comprehensive public charging dataset to power their navigation systems and guide their decision-making. We amplify the voice of the driver through PlugInsights, the world’s largest survey research panel of EV owners and leasers, and developed Pay with PlugShare (PWPS), a mobile payment platform enabling seamless and reliable payment for multiple charging networks through a single app. We also provide in-app and web advertising and digital marketing services to give brands and marketers access to the largest EV driver audience.
We are looking for a UI/UX Designer to join the PlugShare team! You will work closely with stakeholders, collaborating and driving the next generation of the PlugShare experience. In this role, it will be important to have customer empathy and understand the user journey for EV drivers as you develop sitemaps, user flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes. The successful candidate will be strategic, creative, passionate, pragmatic with a collaborative working style.
This is a new role for PlugShare, and you will be the first UX designer responsible for driving UX related areas including:
- Developing a style guide and design system, while working closely with product and engineering.
- Identifying opportunities and recommendations that improve the overall user experience while addressing user pain points.
- Conduct user research, develop user personas and create an information architecture that supports mobile apps and web experiences.
- Design and deliver wireframes, prototypes and final designs for a wide range of devices and interfaces (iOS, Android, Web, Automotive interfaces).
- Collaborate closely with the team to create user experiences that support the product vision and strategy.
- Ability to analyze and measure user engagement metrics.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- At least 3 years of UI/UX software product design experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (industrial, information architecture, interaction design, graphics, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Expertise in standard UX software. (e.g. Figma, Miro, Sketch, Photoshop)
- Deep understanding of UX design best practices for mobile-first and responsive design.
- Capable of rapidly iterating designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Experience in designing for iOS, Android and web platforms.
- Self-starter that takes initiative and is able to work independently.
- Experience designing for localized experiences.
- Familiarity with product development life cycles and agile best practices.
- Familiar with analytics and measuring performance.
Employees are required to provide documentation of COVID 19 vaccination.