Posted 8 months ago
Apply for this job
Praxis is seeking world-class talent to build the city of the future.
Today, new technology is giving us the opportunity to build better cities founded on shared values and community. In the 20th Century, cities were organized around labor markets. Now, we can work from our computers from anywhere. With this new freedom, we can leave work-centric cities and live with people who share our values. Praxis is leading this movement by building a new city organized around the value of vitality, to enable people to live healthier, more purposeful lives. We are supported on this mission by investors including Paradigm, Bedrock Capital, Fred Ersham, Joe Lonsdale, Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, Apollo Projects (Sam and Max Altman), Alameda Research (Sam Bankman-Fried), Balaji Srinivasan, Robot Ventures, and more.
We prioritize discovering top talent and cultivating a meritocratic culture because we believe hard work and earned skill are keys to success. If you want to tackle hard problems, work with amazing people, and build a better future for humanity by building new cities, consider joining us. Learn more.
The Engineering Department creates virtual environments that connect members and applicants who intend to move to Praxis’ city. Your role will be to create intuitive graphics and user experiences for the software layer of our new city. In the near term, this includes a suite of applications including a digitally-native home for the community, human capital driven investment software, and special projects.
- Enhance the user experience and design of our Membership Portal so Members are seamlessly connected with our global community
- Work with our Community Team, Engineers, and Product Managers to improve our existing Portal and develop new software solutions
- Gather insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of Members who use our software to inspire and inform design
- Envision how people will experience our products, and bring that vision to life in a way that feels inspired, refined, and magical
- Alignment with the Praxis mission and vision
- ~4 years of UX/UI Design or equivalent experience
- Experience working on agile teams with other designers, product managers and engineers
- Proficiency creating high-fidelity visual design mock-ups, prototypes, and design systems
- Proficiency producing UX artifacts: low-fidelity wireframes, user flow maps, site maps, and customer journey maps
- Command of industry tools: Wireframes, Figma, Adobe CC (Illustrator, Photoshop) for UI design
Praxis Team Benefits (for U.S. based employees) include medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage; monthly wellness stipend, and potential relocation support.