Apply for this job
Blockswap is a middle layer for Web3 multichain composability.
We Blockswap Labs is a major contributor to the Blockswap Network, building a suite of products to support the Multichain composability for staked ETH. Our team is one of the most impactful and knowledgeable in Cross-chain Communication. We are a very diverse, globally distributed team.
The company was founded by leading cross-chain specialists and DeFi engineers. We are a small team crushing the scene with a passion for DAO, DeFi, and NFT and a relentless commitment to extending crypto benefits to mainstream everyday users.
Our anchor product is Stakehouse championing Multichain ETH, enabling anyone from anywhere to have a permissionless ETH stake yield on DeFi and a key proponent of the Rollup-centric future of Ethereum. We have a laser focus on last-mile user onboarding, and our ecosystem has been growing from strength to strength.
We are looking for a UI/UX designer to join our team. You will help with our product design efforts, including user research, prototyping, testing, and iterating on appealing and consistent UX for our products.
You will also have the opportunity to translate the Blockswap product’s UI/UX and our brand into digital assets, motion graphics, and an engaging experience for community interaction. You will work closely with our Marketing and Engineering teams.
Creating trustless and permissionless protocols, we believe that access to blockchain benefits for everyday users and is critical in shaping the future of DeFi. This will enable greater participation in global digital economies and communities.
This is a fully remote position, but you must be available during US East Coast working hours. USA Only.
- Maintain and build upon an established component library to develop a consistent UI/UX design system.
- Follow and establish best practices to ensure design consistency across Blockswap products.
- Work closely with the engineering team to ensure the technical feasibility of your proposed prototypes and validate them with internal stakeholders before it goes into development.
- Create and improve user journey flows by producing high-fidelity prototype wireframes. Provide support to marketing and brand design efforts.
- Implement accessibility best practices and pay attention to color, navigation, and contrast. Focus on the visual interface (UI) for web/apps and develop UI mockups that clearly articulate functionality and experience.
- Write design specifications documenting the design decisions and user flow in a written and visual format.
- Work closely with the product team to discover user needs, conduct user testing, and prototypes, gather insights, troubleshoot UX problems, and conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Create and maintain website/app style guides (icons, illustrations, and graphics) and illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows, and sitemaps.
- Understand Blockswap at a deep level and be able to generate user-ready content.
- You are based in the USA.2+ years of experience in UI/UX designer roles.
- Have a strong understanding of common cryptocurrency design patterns.
- Demonstrate strong UI/UX skills and knowledge, particularly for web3 design. Understand the iterative design process; Maintain a brand and create new assets for a brand.
- You’ll be able to develop new components, establish guidelines for their usage, and help with the maintenance of the overall system.
- Experience with previous app/web launches as a UX/UI designer and an in-depth understanding of modern UX and UI patterns.
- Ability to rapidly generate and iterate ideas and execute them with attention to detail.
- Be a content creator (images, graphics, sketches, tables, motion graphics, and animations).
- Proficiency in Figma and Adobe Creative Suite is a must.
- Previous experience working with agile teams and collaborating closely with developers, copywriters, and UX designers.
- Ability to work independently and deliver on deadlines.
- Personal interest in cryptocurrency, DeFi, or NFTs. English speaking (not necessarily native).
Nice to have’s
- Previous experience working with dApps.
- Experience working as part of a marketing team.
- Previous experience working remotely. Experience in the following code languages: HTML, CSS, XSL, React
Blockswap is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace all qualified persons to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please feel free to let us know.