UX / UI Specialist
We are looking to meet our new UX / UI Specialist to join us and contribute to our mission of democratizing K12 Education in Latam.
As the UX / UI Specialist at Luca, you are capable of translating business needs into easy-to-use products for our clients, taking into account technical limitations.
You will be responsible for conducting research with users, synthesizing the insights obtained and translating them into wireframes, user flows, prototypes and final designs that meet the needs of our users.
Who are you?
We are looking for a passionate and accomplished person that partners with other players in the ecosystem, in order to execute. Your impact and vision will be crucial to help us continue to create a best-in-class learning experience for our customers.
You know what empathy is and like autonomy. You are also a self motivated UX / UI Specialist who believes that this planet would be much better through better education.
You love a fast-paced environment, but you also know that “fast-paced” can be incredibly fun, zen and supportive... ah, and you are not arrogant and treat people the same way you would like to be treated. You should be goal-oriented and keen to implement processes, automations and work with no-code tools.
- Translate concepts into useful and intuitive products and experiences
- Identify design problems and devise agile and precise solutions
- Help implement a user-centric culture, conducting research, testing and rapid iteration
- Define Journeys and User flows
- Design optimized wireframes and prototypes for a wide range of devices and interfaces
- Ensure that the UX guidelines, styles and components of the Design System are respected
- Take risks, make strategic UX decisions and champion new ideas
- Work hand-in-hand with development and collaborate with other team members
Your Skills And Experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience as UX in complex digital products, experience in Startups and educational platforms will be valued
- Management of design tools such as Sketch, Fijma, Adobe XD, InVision and similar
- Understanding of user centered design (UCD), research, user testing, A/B testing and rapid prototyping
- Experience designing responsive and mobile first platforms
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently
- Passionate about everything related to UX and other areas of design and innovation and new trends
- pixel perfect chaser
- Knowledge of methodologies such as Design Thinking and Lean Startup
- Clear and effective communication of design processes, ideas and solutions
- Knowledge of best practices regarding web accessibility
- Be open to feedback and constructive criticism
Why join Luca?
Because we love what we do and we are always aiming to hire better people than us. At Luca you will have the rare chance to work in a vibrant and energizing start-up culture with flat hierarchies and with very clear core values: empathy, autonomy and fun.
??People - Treat colleagues and clients as you would treat your family, always.
?Autonomy - You, your opinions, and actions are appreciated, but do it responsibly.
??Fun - Have fun, go remote, party, in a way you collaborate to build the best educational platform of the world
We are a diverse decentralized team with offices in Madrid, Lisbon, Barcelona and Mexico City (and counting!). We have no space for arrogance, empty corporate bs, lack of empathy or mistreatment. We treat people as we would treat our family, for real, and we also believe that people should have fun, flexibility and good perks, but knowing that hard working is very important to build something great (mental health friendly:).
Sounds like a plan? Apply to the job and let's make it happen.
At Luca you will also:
- Work in one of the Fastest growing Edtech companies in the region
- Be in the best place to be challenged and be part of a fun team at the same time.
- Many more benefits are coming soon…
More about Luca
Luca's learning platform provides learning programs for primary and secondary school students.
The learning platform offers pre-recorded K12 videos, gamified content and AI powered personalized study paths, covering the entire official academic curriculum and national exams prep.
Our founding team includes ex Uber, Netflix, Morgan Stanley, McKinsey, Crehana, Byjus, Santillana, ThePowerMBA, Amazon.
Since starting the company in Q4 2020, we have:
? Raised our $3M Pre-Seed round from Heartcore, Shilling and Edtech & Tier 1 Business Angels such as the Founders & CEOs of IronHack, The Power MBA, Pearson Education, Unbabel, Cobee plus C-Levels and Board Members at Descomplica, EQT, Hedosophia, EDP, Kroton and Kibo Ventures
? Scaled the team to more than 50 people
? Built and launched our Beta Desktop Platform + over 1,200 classes
? Ran Pilots in over 40 schools & 3k students in Mexico & Colombia & Guatemala, validating our assumption that Luca's curriculum is fit for the spanish speaking region as a whole
? Validated usage metrics on our platform: Luca's average session time is already 3x higher than that of the most sold product in the Region ( Compartir by Editorial Santillana) and retention cohorts hold above >85% after 9 weeks
? Started the sales process generating 1.2M€ in sales in 2 months
? Achieved industry leading NPS at 84 , above 51 Education sector average NPS
At Luca, You will be working in an environment where everything you do is incredibly important to the end product and success of the company. Your actions and decisions will shape the future of the company & of the education sector as a whole.
As we move into our next phase of growth, we're looking for passionate and dedicated people to focus on innovative solutions while positioning the company for hyper growth. That, in part, means finding top candidates who want to invest their energy & talent in helping us achieve our mission: to democratize education. We empower our team to make the right decisions, at the right time, always thinking of the students, their parents and the future.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone has access to quality and affordable education, everywhere at any time. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s change the education sector for good, together.