Senior UX/UI Designer
An exciting opportunity to be part of an innovative & collaborative team and working with some of the most well known retail brands in the UK.
We are on the lookout for a talented Senior UX/UI designer to join our creative and supportive team to work across the spectrum of UX / UI on e-commerce focused websites and applications. As a Senior UX/UI Designer at Tryzens, you will contribute to the initial discovery and planning phase of projects, collaborating with project managers, business analysts, CRO specialists, developers and clients to engage in a range of activities – from user research producing deliverables such as personas, user journeys, and wireframes right through to final hi-fi designs that are ready for development.
It’s a collaborative role where you will have the chance to work closely with developers, business analysts and of course the client to craft engaging and high converting experiences.
This role will be reporting direct into the Principle CX Strategist based in our UK office, with a dotted line report into our Global Head of Customer Experience based in our Australian office.
The type of experience you’ll need should be in these areas:
- 4-6 years experience in the design industry.
- Ideally have experience working in a dynamic agency across multiple clients.
- UX audits – reviewing existing sites and content and making justified recommendations on how to make them better, based on usability and ecommerce best practices, and online retail experience.
- Ability to define customer and business needs: Communicating with clients to gather requirements and advising on UX solutions.
- Knowledge of different UX research methodologies including qualitative and quantitative research (user testing, tree testing, card sorting).
- Working with project managers to help define the plan for the design project to align with scope - being confident about time required for work and sticking to it.
- Wireframing, sketching and prototyping user experiences in tools like Sketch, Figma and Invision.
- Be able to produce UX deliverables such as UX audit reports, personas, synthesized insights, competitor analysis, user journeys/flows.
- Be able to produce UI deliverables such as Design systems, style guides, component libraries.
- Following best practice, usability and accessibility for online shopping experiences. Keeping up to date with latest UX trends and best practices.
- A great understanding of branding. Able to follow brand guidelines and apply to an online shopping website, but also help clients to better communicate their brand online through the effective use of graphic design and branding principles.
- Working with task management and timesheet tools like JIRA, Confluence and Asana.
- Handoff of annotated designs and communication to developers using Figma.
- Design Quality assurance – reviewing implementation of design and providing feedback to developers to ensure high quality delivery to client.
Ideally you will also have experience in these areas:
- Talking to and helping manage the relationship with the client.
- Be comfortable contributing to pitch work and presenting your ideas.
- Workshopping ideas and co-creating solutions and new ideas with the client.
- Be able to create customer journeys illustrating the requirements a customer has when facing a specific task, such as finding a product.
- Have experience working with ecommerce clients – preferred but not mandatory.
- Understanding benchmarks and best practice.
- Strong understanding of front-end code (HTML & CSS) to design viable responsive UI designs which utilise the inherent functionality and technology of the ecommerce platform.
- Be able to prioritise and manage your own time and highlight as soon as possible any ideas that you feel might improve the solution for the client.
- CRO experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Beautiful portfolio of digital design preferably in luxury & premium ecommerce brands.
- Passionate about design and customer experience and always keeping up to date with latest design and UX trends.
- Excellent creative problem solver, always trying to come up with the best solution to a problem.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy. You take pride in the quality of your work from the research through to the implementation.
- Self-motivated and pro-active. Keen to learn and continually improve workflow and team productivity, sharing your ideas with the team.
- Great communication skills for explaining ideas and discussing solutions with developers, clients and other team members
- Group Life insurance (4x annual salary)
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- Contributory pension
- Hybrid working environment (combination of work from home and in office)
- 25 days annual leave
- A day off for your birthday
- 2 days off for CSR activities per year
- cycle-to-work scheme
Equal Opportunity Statement
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity and encourage everyone to respond. Tryzens is an equal opportunity employer and every applicant will be considered without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity.