Senior Product Designer
At Spaceship, we’re on a mission to enable people to invest in their future, so they can live the life they want to live. We started in 2017 with Spaceship Super, and in 2018 we launched Spaceship Voyager, which is making investing easy, for everyone.
Since launch, we have grown to more than 200,000 financial members and surpassed $1billion in funds under management – but we’re just getting started.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Product Designer, you will be a core contributor - passionate about evolving customer-led experiences in the investing space.
Specifically, you will:
- Spearhead design projects from start to finish - everything from facilitating our long term product roadmap with MVPs to delivering small wins and ironing product wrinkles.
- Follow a lean user-centred design approach to execute the product roadmap, ensuring ideas align to customer goals and strategic business priorities.
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, Marketing and other business functions to ideate and deliver outstanding customer experiences to our users.
- Be autonomous, taking full ownership of your work and responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Conduct user research (quant and qual), interviews and surveys, translating them into personas, user journeys, sitemaps, workflows, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes optimised for mobile and web.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs and specific market demands to deliver data-informed solutions.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
- Create high-end user interfaces, animation and interaction design that challenge the status quo and ensure we stand out from our peers in the best way!
- Contribute to the development of our design system and have a ‘can do’ attitude when we are pressed for time and need to hit key deadlines.
What are we looking for?
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in a similar role at consumer-focused product companies; experience designing for multiple platforms within the financial space preferred.
- You are an incredible designer with amazing design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products/features over the years and are equally skilled at interaction and visual design; bonus skills include motion design and prototyping skills.
- You have an aptitude for translating and documenting design ideas into visuals that can be shared with all parts of the business.
- You possess a strong understanding of usability and user experience principles.
- You take calculated risks: you’re comfortable with designing to learn, unafraid of making mistakes (because they are a part of learning), and can temper your analytical skills with intuition and creative ambition.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts, and also to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us (applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered).
What are the perks and benefits?
- Competitive salary + equity options.
- Flexibility to work from home or the office.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Learning and development allowance.
- Working from home allowance.
Who are we?
We are ~50 people passionate about enabling people to invest in their future.
We value forward-thinking, accessibility, curiosity, transparency and simplicity in everything we do - from the way we collaborate to the products we create.
Spaceship has raised more than $70m to date from some of the world’s most renowned investors including Horizons Ventures, AirTree Ventures, Grok Ventures, Valar Ventures, Sequoia Capital, and New Enterprise Associates.