Posted 7 months ago
Apply for this job
Our mission is to make education accessible, and we’ve dedicated the last two decades to becoming the leading online education platform for over 30 million learners and educators every month, Study.com is recognized as one of the most transformational companies in EdTech. Students and educators in over 9,000 school districts use Study.com’s and across our college programs we have saved students over $200M in tuition. Additionally, as part of our mission we’ve donated $25 million in-kind value across social impact programs to learners and educators.
Study.com requires vaccination and boosters for all employees and we work in a hybrid environment.
User Experience Designer
As an individual contributor on a fast-paced scrum team, you will strive to create world-class user experiences that balance the needs of the user with the needs of the business. We work iteratively, combining qualitative user feedback with structured A/B testing to make great products.
We are looking for a Product Designer with 3 – 5 years’ experience designing for web and mobile, with an emphasis on consumer-facing products. Your portfolio should reflect all aspects of the UX design process, not just the beautiful, finished product. You should be able to take a project from early user research through ideation, user journeys, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping, visual design, and communication with the development team.
This is a great opportunity to make an impact and help with our mission to make education accessible. There will be new challenges every day!
- Work collaboratively with engineers, product managers, executives, and other designers to improve the user experience
- Adapt your design process to the needs of each project, creating journey maps, flow diagrams, wire frames, prototypes, visual mock-ups, etc. as needed for both solutioning and communication
- Navigate a fast-paced Agile environment requiring both self-direction and team collaboration
- Strategize for the future by contributing ideas for evolving the user experience based on quantitative and qualitative data
- Familiarity with Figma or ability to come up to speed quickly
- Experience with A/B testing and SEO optimization
- A degree is not required, but a demonstrated interest in continual learning is necessary, either academic or practical
- Experience in Product Design, with proficient skills in UX, interaction design, information architecture, usability evaluation, and user research
- Strong visual design skills
- Experience building prototypes of varying fidelities
At Study.com, we know that strong communities are built on the power of our diversity and we respect and strive to understand for the diverse identities, race, ethnicities, backgrounds, and perspectives of our team members. Our work and company culture have been consistently recognized, including:
· Inc. Best Place to Work
· Fortune Great Places to Work – Best Workplaces in the Bay Area
· Golden Bridge Awards – Gold Winner, Corporate Social Responsibility
· San Francisco Business Times & Silicon Valley Business Journal – Best Places to Work
We are in the heart of downtown Mountain View, just a few steps from the Caltrain station. And regardless if we are in the office or sheltered at home, we have comprehensive health and wellness benefits. We offer ongoing education and professional growth opportunities, including a life-long membership to Study.com. You can also expect:
· 100% paid health, vision, and dental insurance for employees
· 401(k) with employer match
· 20 - 30 PTO days each year (increases with tenure)
· 10 paid holidays
· Work at home setup stipend
· Company-sponsored gym memberships
· Free Caltrain Pass
· Tuition reimbursement and gift matching programs
Study.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran or disability status. In addition to federal law requirements,
Study.com complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Additionally, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with applicable state and local laws.