Quixel is a true synergy of artists, engineers, inventors, and visionaries. We exist to make a profound and lasting difference for the better in the field of computer graphics. Enabling beautiful artistry and unbounded creativity is what drives us. Our work is fueled by our highly talented, creative, and dedicated teams committed to delivering next-gen workflows to CG artists working in films, games, or visualization, and creating hyper-realistic or stylized 3D worlds.
Our mission is to scan the world and put it in the hands of our community, and we strive to grow our ecosystem of tools that unlocks triple-A level artistry enabling high-quality 3D experiences for everyone.
We’re always on the lookout for amazing people to join our team with a passion for changing how digital industries work today and in the future.
We are looking for a user-experience (UX) designer able to understand our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing. Next to UI and graphical skills we expect the UX designer to own the user journey through the software and lead “how things work” on top of “how things look”.
In this position, you will
- Create innovative solutions for a wide variety of product UX challenges, including mobile, cloud, desktop and person-to-person interactions
- Contribute to the design for new experiences and improvements of existing experiences
- Plan and define strategy for the direction of future iterations
- Quickly iterate on multiple interactive design solutions and work through details
- Advocate for design solutions, highlighting inputs that influenced the decisions including business and user goals, demographic and usage data, and research findings
- Develop high level, detailed storyboards, mock-ups, and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Deliver work that’s not only user-friendly, aesthetically engaging, but which also produces results
- Work alongside engineers and product managers throughout all stages of the production cycle
- Assess and optimize the performance of new and existing features by actively participating in user research and assessing performance metrics
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
- Present design work to multiple teams and leads for review and feedback
- Contribute to the group’s shared knowledge of user-centered design and research methodologies
What we're looking for
- Passionate about your craft
- A creative with world-class design skills and experience of managing multiple design workflows simultaneously
- Comfortable with working both to a brief and with minimal supervision
- A problem-solver with a positive, can-do attitude
- Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and design
- Strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Experience working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs
- Experience in a highly Agile/scrum environment
- Ability to work in an environment with high ambiguity
Additional knowledge, skills, and abilities required
- Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or a related field. Master’s in Human Factors, HCDE, or Cognitive Psychology is a plus.
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar role
- Experience designing and shipping products for web, mobile and desktop
- Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools such as Illustrator, Sketch, Hype, Axure, and Keynote
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Sketch, OmniGraffle, Axure, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer, and the like is a must
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns
- Please be sure to include a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
Note to Applicants
Please continue to visit our jobs website for future job and internship opportunities.
If you don't see a fitting job listed, submit your application under General Applications.
Please note that we do not accept applications via email or phone calls.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies
Quixel does not accept unsolicited agency resumes or phone calls.