commercetools - we are:
- The competitive sort: We didn’t become the fastest growing, highest-ever-valued SaaS software company in digital commerce with nearly 100% year-over-year growth by sitting on the sidelines.
- Inspired: Continually exploring what’s possible — the innovators of headless commerce, the visionaries behind MACH — our patented tech has radically disrupted the world of enterprise ecommerce software - and we are just getting started.
- Valued: Smart, strong, passionate individuals hailing from over 50 countries across the globe, speaking over 43 languages, and collectively embracing diversity, encouraging inclusion, and fostering a culture of caring.
- Driven: We push the limits, technology, and ourselves to retain the trust of some of the world’s leading and fastest growing brands every single day.
As UX/UI Designer at commercetools, you are responsible for the whole design process: From research and discovery to visual interface and API design. You work closely together with product management and engineers in agile teams, shaping the future of the Composable Commerce product, and contributing to our design system. In your role, you will combine a mix of design skills to support your team. From heuristic evaluation, design methodologies, strategic UX, prototyping, UI design, and design consultation. All with the aim to deliver high-quality user experiences. The Promotions team enables promotions use cases for our customers across B2B and B2C. We focus on scalability, performance, and ease of use to provide best-in-class tools that help developers and marketers efficiently create promotion solutions.
Our UX/UI Designer must be based on the East Coast or willing to work EST hours
- Conduct research to discover improvements or new functionality that solve customer problems. We like to involve the whole team, and we love being close to our customers and users
- Be an advocate for excellent UX: Continuously assess usability and design quality and user satisfaction in your product area and use those insights to influence plans and roadmap to make room for UX improvements
- Collect, organize, and analyze qualitative and qualitative data
- Create personas, user flows, wireframes, sketches, prototypes, or other artifacts to share and discuss your design proposals with internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare user interface designs and UX copy to guide engineers during implementation and quality-check the results
- Use and contribute to our design system to ensure consistency
- Join the UX/UI chapter for knowledge sharing sessions and peer coaching
What you need to succeed:
- 3+ years of experience conducting research studies, applying User Experience design methods and techniques, and delivering User Interfaces, preferably for products built for businesses
- Strong skills at converting the user needs to visual interfaces, applying our design system and patterns
- Proficiency in prototype tools such as Figma, Sketch, Axure, InVision, and others
- Joy in experimenting and iterating on ideas, we like feedback loops
- A collaborative mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience working in the e-commerce space
- UX writing skills
Tech at commercetools
We Are Open Source And Innovative By Design
? We make rapid progress by being early adopters of React, Scala, and GraphQL
? We share & contribute to the open source community: https://github.com/sangria-graphql
?? We <3 Automation and Machine Learning
We care about your Growth and Well-being
?? Remote Work: Up to 60 days/year from a country different from your base country
? Open Learning & Development Budget
? ct Academy: Regular internal training sessions
?? Flexibility: Morning person or night owl? We believe in outcome and motivated staff
? Mindset & Growth: A diverse, creative workspace with an international culture & learning environment
For US-based roles
? Well-Being: 100% employer-covered medical, dental, and vision insurance for staff and dependents
? Work-Life Balance: Generous time off for personal time, vacation, parental leave, holidays, well-being, bereavement and volunteering
? Prepare For Your Future: 401k with company match
? Get Involved: Opportunities to join our Happiness Committee, Engage the Change DEI organization, Culture Committee, fitness challenges, artistic channels, and more!
? Our differences make us stronger
We believe that our diversity makes us a stronger team. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds - not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes us better.
At commercetools, we are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to fair hiring practices regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
? Our target compensation for this role is $100,000-130,000 OTE, but we are flexible based on experience and skill level.
Are you ready? Come grow with us!
? Are you looking for something else? Check out our Career Page and our Website for more information.