Genies is Gen Z’s leading avatar technology company empowering humans to create their own avatar ecosystems. Genies provides tools that allow users to create their own avatars, avatar wearable fashion lines, avatar worlds, and avatar interactive experiences in web3. The company has 99% celebrity avatar market share through its partnerships with Universal Music Group and Warner Music Group as their “official avatar and digital goods provider" with thousands of Genie creators including Justin Bieber, Migos, Cardi B, and J Balvin. Our avatar marketplace “The Warehouse” built with Dapper Labs, allows creators to design and sell their avatar ecosystem creations (i.e. avatar fashion lines) to the masses. Genies has raised $200M from investors such as Silver Lake, BOND, NEA, and Breyer Capital. The Board of Directors consists of Bob Iger, Mary Meeker, Rick Yang, and Akash Nigam.
Seated in our Los Angeles based headquarters, Genies is looking for a UI/UX Mobile Designer to own product design for our mobile product, the Genies Studio App. Reporting to the Head of Design, this key Product Designer will play an integral role in developing and managing all aspects of Genies’ design and creative output for our mobile experience. You'll own Genies end to end design strategy for mobile and influence our mobile design philosophy and principles. Collaboration at Genies is key to our success and we are looking for someone who loves to collaborate closely with engineering, product, and studio teams to solve both macro and micro UI/UX challenges; all while delivering an immersive and dynamic user experience. Our ideal candidate is a hands-on UI/UX product designer who thrives in creative, ambiguous, and collaborative environments. Genies’ mission is to allow users to express their authentic selves and connect with like-minded individuals. If you’ve ever dreamt of creating a consumer journey of the next medium of communication for the center of culture, then Genies is the next chapter of your career.
What You Should Have:
- Minimum of 4+ years of UI/UX mobile design experience that demonstrates your craftsmanship
- An ability to lead end-to-end design on products for mobile - web/desktop is a plus
- Exceptional user experience and design skills, and a portfolio of design work that shows the full range of your product design, user research, interaction design and visual design skills
- Strong product thinking, systems thinking and a track record for driving results by building products that provide great user experiences and business value
- Previous experience recruiting and building a world class product design team is a nice to have, but not mandatory
- Expert level proficiency with Figma, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Excellent storytelling with an ability to inspire via compelling stories
- Naturally curious and always seeking to learn more
- Experience with motion design and designing for accessibility
- Facilitate the design process, present and iterate design solutions, driven by group critique
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills; outstanding written and verbal communications
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, visual design, and user data & analytics
- Conducting and leading user research, stakeholder interviews, and framing problems and insights through stories that help your team envision opportunities
- Using a human-centered design process to develop user stories, personas, user flows, design mockups, prototypes and specs for our most complex projects
- Owning projects from beginning to end, while helping guide more junior & intermediate designers through their design process
- Contributing to and helping shape product design vision and strategy, generating buy-in, advocating for great user-centered practices, and operationalizing the strategy and processes for product design
- Using designs to help further internal exploration and R&D
- Recruit and manage a team of product designers
- Help to maintain visual and brand consistency between all products and outlets
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other teams such as Engineering, Product, Art & Animation, and Senior Management
Here's why you'll love working at Genies:
- You'll work with a team that you’ll be able to learn from and grow with, including support for your own professional development
- You'll be at the helm of your own career, shaping it with your own innovative contributions to a nascent team and product with flexible hours and a work from home policy
- You'll enjoy the culture and perks of a startup, with the stability of being well funded
- Comprehensive health insurance for you and your family (Anthem + Kaiser Options Available), Dental and Vision Insurance
- Competitive salaries and 401K program for all full time employees
- Flexible paid time off, sick time, and paid company holidays, in addition to paid parental leave, bereavement leave, and jury duty leave for full-time employees
- Health & wellness support through programs such as monthly wellness reimbursement
- Working in a brand new, bright, open-environment and fun office space - there’s even a slide!
Genies is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.