Location: This role is remote and open to candidates in Canada.
AbacusNext is an industry-leading vertical SaaS provider for the compliance-focused Professional Services market. We provide purpose-built, cloud-based solutions for small and medium-sized Legal and Accounting firms to support a secure and cloud-enabled practice.
We are looking for a User Experience designer for Zola Suite, our premier offering for cloud based legal practice management. The designer will be responsible for building and maintaining user personas, our design pattern library and working with the development and product teams to design and deliver engaging products that delight our customers and their clients.
- Feature adoption rate changes
- End User NPS
- Engagement metrics
- On time delivery of quality design assets
- Be expert in the user personas of our legal practice management suite. Understand the needs, motivations, expertise and work life of attorneys, paralegals, bookkeepers and office managers of a small to midsized law practice.
- Create and manage the design patterns that will drive the greatest productivity and ease of use for our clients
- Collaborate with the product team to synthesize user testing and interviews into product expectations.
- Use customer-driven insights and agile methodologies to design and maintain products/applications.
- Collaborate with the product team to help create visual designs and prototypes of new products.
- Assist team members in translating business requirements into stories to create visual concepts and prototypes.
- Drive design process throughout the project cycle (discovery, concept, delivery)
- Create user-centered design work, incorporate user feedback, prioritize usability
- Relevant degree preferred.
- 5 or more years in product or UX/UI design is required.
- Experience practicing any or all of the following: HCD, Design Thinking, Visual Design, Prototyping and Heuristics.
- Experience contributing to positive collaboration with multi-disciplinary team members.
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written & visual)
- Demonstrated understanding of user-centered design & design process
- Demonstrated ability to build use cases, user flows, information architecture
- Ability to create prototypes & design proof of concept
- Storytelling - ability to communicate ideas in a compelling way
- A systems thinker who loves complex questions and using your visual skills to build clear and engaging storytelling, with a strong emphasis on storytelling.
- Experience delivering designs that use common visual and interaction design principles and practice.
- Experience building appropriate sketches, wireframes, flows, design comps, and prototypes with minimal guidance
- Flexible PTO
- Summer Fridays
- No meeting Fridays
- Medical, Dental, Paid Sick Days, Vision, and Supplemental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) match
Equal Employment Opportunity: AbacusNext is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.