Lead UX Designer
Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast's patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations to production.
At Contrast, we pride ourselves on being the best and being the best requires hiring the best. We are looking for a Lead UX Designer to be a part of creating our world-class product. Our ideal candidate is a skilled problem solver and unafraid of challenges. Building the world’s fastest and most accurate application and web security demands a mix of tenacity, passion, and experience. At Contrast, you will find an environment where innovation and success come from creative collaboration. For those who meet these standards, there is no better place to work than Contrast Security.
About the Position
UX Design is important to the success of Contrast Security. This role will lead design across a few critical product offerings in our portfolio. We seek a seasoned design professional able to translate complex, technical user needs into clear, useful, and exemplary design.
Our Lead UX Designer will rely on their design thinking and UX research skills to discover and validate user needs. Contrast relies on our designers to create product experiences that guide our users with minimal friction through a complex problem space. Our design team helps the whole company understand and better serve the user perspective, providing the basis for more confident decisions about product direction and strategy.
- As a Lead UX Designer, you will be expected to:
- Develop a solid understanding of the application security testing domain, informing your understanding of Contrast product offerings and their place in the market
- Deliver design solutions that enable success for our application security customers
- Provide durable design solutions that provide a good foundation for future iteration and evolutionEstablish user experience as a differentiator for the product
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, and other UX Designers to deliver the best design possible
- Bring a systematic approach to your design; contribute and shape our design system with the creation of reusable design patterns and components
- Take on tough design problems, communicate your solutions to key stakeholders in Product and Engineering, and guide design solutions from inception to implementation.
- Evolve the design of the product, balancing speed of feature implementation with a sustainable design approach.
- Partner with senior UX peers to work on the realignment of the Contrast product set into a seamless, unified experience.
- Contribute to the development and awareness our user personas, using them as a central tool in making Contrast offerings an irresistible proposition for customers.
- Directly influence and contribute to design process and culture within Contrast
If these are your strengths, you will be a strong candidate:
- You look for the customer’s biggest problems and pain points, and solve for them accordingly
- You have an appetite for solving complex problems and designing technical software productsYou can link design choices to business goals, data, and bring objectivity through research insights
- You communicate through narratives that are centered on the user’s perspectiveYou are technically aware, gathering as much technical insight as you need to better inform your designs
- You enjoy designing interactions wherever they occur, from the UI to CLI
- You frame problems in a way that opens the door to diverse, effective solutionsYou focus on delivering value to the customer quicklyYou practice inclusive design
- Bachelors degree, minimum of 8 years UX design experience on enterprise products
- Experience partnering with Product Managment to compose user stories, preferably job stories
- Designing in ways that assist users to navigate through data-intense interfaces, and guiding them to priority actions
- Ability to take your ideas to a high-fidelity finish, preferably using Figma
- Designing software in a changeable, agile environment
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package which includes stock options
- Healthcare packages
- Flexible paid time off
- A fun and dynamic environment where you work with other like minded people on products which make a real difference to the security of our customers
With your application, please provide a link to an online representation of your work.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Contrast Security is an equal opportunity employer, and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time, we are only accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have signed a formal agreement with us.