Senior UX Researcher
Panorama is a fast-growing national technology company focused on radically improving education. More than 2,000 school systems serving 15 million students across all 50 states have adopted our platform to understand students’ academic and social-emotional strengths and to identify those in need of additional support. School systems turn to our suite of tools to ensure that every child gets the support they need, including school climate and social-emotional learning surveys, tiered intervention planning, and professional development.
Panoramians can choose to work fully remote anywhere within the Continental United States, in-person from our Boston/San Francisco offices, or a hybrid option.
About the role
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will lead user research for one of our newest product areas, Panorama for Positive Behavior, which enables districts to effectively implement forward-thinking behavior support strategies, such as PBIS, to improve school climate, instruction, and outcomes for all students. You will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to align on research roadmaps, execute high-quality research, deliver impactful insights, facilitate design and product thinking, and drive product strategy. As our third UX researcher, you will play a key role in establishing and expanding our practice, with the opportunity to develop into an early leader of our growing organization.
- Build strong, collaborative relationships with your cross-functional partners and stakeholders.
- Lead product and design partners in developing research roadmaps for your product area by identifying, prioritizing and scoping research needs, thereby ensuring proper prioritization of the most impactful research work.
- Design and conduct a wide range of generative, evaluative and strategic research to uncover deep, high quality insights that contribute to our foundational understanding of our current and future customers.
- Contribute to our research practice by taking on some operations responsibilities or helping expand our knowledge base/toolkit. (We’re excited to grow and learn! Tell us what you’re excited about and/or what you can teach us!)
- Lead design thinking workshops and activities, and empower designers and other team members to conduct their own high quality user research.
- Establish deep domain knowledge in the Positive Behavior product area and K–12 education in order to more deeply understand the needs and challenges of educators.
- Champion the needs of our users, surfacing actionable insights that guide product decision-making and that build empathy throughout the company.
Our ideal candidate has
- 4+ years of industry experience in UX and/or Design Research related to software or digital experiences
- Experience driving a research program in a product space using a mix of qualitative and quantitative methods
- A strong understanding and demonstration of user-centered design principles
- Experience with standard user research tools supporting unmoderated and moderated research, video conferencing, diary studies, whiteboarding, and qualitative data analysis.
- More important than years or types of experience is the ability to demonstrate a depth of research craft, including but not limited to the following examples:
- Strong listening and moderation skills: e.g., able to adapt to the flow of conversation, probe judiciously, give breathing space, and just listen to uncover deeper insights.
- Expertise with one or more research methods, such as contextual inquiry, in-depth interviews, exploratory research, diary studies, advanced survey techniques, or benchmarking.
- Expertise analyzing and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative data, producing engaging artifacts such as customer journey maps and personas, and/or socializing research findings in innovative ways to evangelize user empathy.
- Demonstrable experience managing product teams through successful research projects and leveling up stakeholder engagement with user insights.
- Bonus points for experience in education or in EdTech.
About the Design Team
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product and mission. We want our product to both delight teachers and educators across the country and to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds and experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, and more. We believe diversity of experiences lead to better product design and outcomes for the students we serve.
Panorama excitedly hosts two in-person "all team meetings" a year. All Panoramians are invited to attend and travel/hotels are provided.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Panorama also has a policy on maintaining a drug-free workplace.