Who we are:
Nutmeg is the UK’s largest truly digital wealth manager, offering clarity and transparency to both seasoned and first-time investors as they seek to achieve their financial goals. Launched in September 2012, Nutmeg now manages over £4.5bn on behalf of over 200,000 clients who have sought the powerful combination of an easy-to-use, adaptable investment service and market-leading human advice. Nutmeg is a J.P. Morgan company offering investments and digital wealth management services to consumers, complementing Chase’s digital bank in the UK.
At a time when people are seeking the closer relationship with money that technology can provide, Nutmeg:
- Has a team of over 240 employees
- Offers award winning stocks and shares ISA, Junior ISAs and Lifetime ISAs, as well as a personal pensions and general investment accounts
- Provides financial planning and advice alongside our award winning client services team
Job in a nutshell:
We are looking for a talented and experienced UX Digital Designer with a strong foundation in user experience, interaction design, and visual design. We are looking for someone with experience in financial services, but this is not essential if you have other experience to bring.
This is a great role for an energetic, confident, and bold person with experience in exploring digital propositions and designing engaging products on both web and mobile. This includes information design, interaction, and data visualisation. Someone who can push boundaries and take design risks, supported by research, solid rationale, and a supportive team.
You will need to be a conceptual thinker who can approach a project holistically, looking at the bigger commercial and customer experience view, and questioning to uncover the real opportunity and proposition in each challenge. You will bring your ideas to life through storytelling and prototyping, and turning them into fully designed digital solutions.
You will be expected to:
- Collaborate closely with the commercial, product and engineering teams on new products, existing optimisation, designing new tools, UI and UX on desktop and mobile devices.
- Incorporate user research and testing into everything you do.
- Make use of, build on, and evolve our in-house design system.
- Engage in conceiving and implementing testing methods for your design work.
- Work within a very flat organisational structure giving you the opportunity to work closely with the management team and all areas of the business on key projects.
- Support the UX and digital design needs of Nutmeg along with a talented and collaborative team of designers.
- Experience as a designer in the financial services industry, or equivalent complexity.
- Experience designing web and mobile applications. Functional digital design.
- Experience working with or creating design systems.
- Experience across the breadth of the UX discipline — from research and discovery to prototyping and design testing, final design specification and engineering collaboration for production.
- Experience with industry standard design tools. We use Figma as our design platform.
- Ability to explore concepts, create design solutions, and rapidly visualise a proposition, through sketching and prototyping.
- Great teamwork skills and an approachable and friendly manner.
- Someone who enjoys expressing their creative ideas.
- Have a strong focus on quality and timely delivery.
- Someone with a good degree of ownership, autonomy, and motivation. We expect you to take a project from start to finish, as a design lead.