Apply for this job
At Arturo, we “Decide with Intelligence.” Arturo’s artificial intelligence (AI) models help insurance carriers make smarter decisions throughout the policy lifecycle, from the property level to the portfolio level.
Our origin as a company developed inside of American Family Insurance sets us apart. We know the business like the back of our hand—because we were once part of it. Today, Arturo continues to build solutions with customer success in mind. We empower companies with critical property insights to make the most innovative and best decisions for their business and clients. Arturo delivers on-demand property data utilizing multi-source imagery via a configurable API, enabling a better risk assessment and impactful ROI for our customers.
Arturo consistently adapts to an ever-changing professional landscape. We support our employees by providing a remote-first flexible work schedule, competitive benefits, home office allowance, and operate an unlimited flexible leave policy.
We are a start-up culture in every sense of the word…we hold a high bar, we lead with empathy, we expect creativity, operate with accountability, and strive for excellence in execution. We also have a lot of fun.
Location: While we continue to operate as a remote-first organization, as a means to build community and enhance the opportunity for in-person engagements, preference is for employees located within the Denver Tech Region (Denver/Boulder/Colorado Springs).
Position Overview: We are looking for an innovative, creative UX Designer and Researcher to help take our applications to the next level. The Apps, Analytics and Visualization team is working to empower our insurance industry customers with state-of-the-art user experiences across the spectrum of devices. The UX Designer will collaborate with Product, Sales, Customer Success, and Engineering teams to understand our customers’ needs and deliver experiences that they love to use.
What you’ll do:
- Design the user experience for apps and the web from phone to desktop
- Understand the design problem through competitive analysis, user surveys, and other researchWork across the company to understand our customers, their use cases, and how Arturo can improve their lives
- Bring forward new ideas to increase the understanding of physical places and spaces to the betterment of our customers and homeowners
- Work side-by-side with engineers to bring your designs to life
What you bring:
- Professional experience designing and working with developers to implement web and mobile applications
- Experience conducting user interviews and other techniques for creating user personas, user journey maps, and user stories
- Experience creating wireframes, mockups, and interactive prototypes
- Strong visual communication skills
- UI Design skills, i.e., typography, iconography, visual hierarchy
- A portfolio of showcasing your work and skills
- Experience creating analytics and data visualizations
- Experience with geospatial and GISInsurtech (Property & Casualty) or other related property tech experience
- Experience within a SaaS environment preferred
- You enjoy solving problems that initially seem impossible
- You relish working alongside passionate, respectful, and intelligent teammates
- You value being challenged by those around you to achieve great things
- You take pride in your work and want to see results provide tangible value
- You want to create the most sophisticated and accurate products in the InsureTech space
- Fortune 500 customers will use the outputs of your models to power their businesses and make decisions
For residents of Colorado: Salary Range: $130k-140k. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including, without limitation, location, experience and performance. Other compensation may include [bonuses/commissions] and stock options. In addition, Arturo provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health (medical, dental and vision) insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays, paid sick leave and flexible time off (FTO).
Arturo for ALL
We are committed to building a culture as unique as the people, perspectives, and passions it represents. We promise never to settle when it comes to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As the world changes and evolves, we will always listen, learn and do.
Arturo is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.