Apply for this job
Canva’s Commitment and Mission
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We look for many different skills and abilities, as well as how you can enhance Canva and our culture. So, even if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed or tick all the boxes, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 100+ million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 3,000 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Join us and design your future.
At Canva, we want to unlock the creativity of 3rd Party developers and empower them to build valuable apps and integrations that meet the diverse needs of our Canva customers.
Do you have a love for design, a keen understanding of what constitutes a great user experience and a passion for review and quality assurance?
We are looking for skilled and experienced UX/UI designers to review and support the development of 3rd Party Apps to meet Canva’s quality bar before being released to millions of our Canva customers. The goal will be to assess each App on the overall quality and usability of the App experience as well as provide education and feedback to developers on how they can go above and beyond our minimum quality criteria to build an exceptional App experience for our Canva customers.
This position requires a high attention to detail, ability to problem solve and the ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about applying their design expertise to support the development of great user experiences in a scalable way.
What you’ll be doing...
- Review the UX/ UI of 3rd Party App submissions and ensure that they pass Canva’s minimum quality bar.
- Work closely with your App Review team to ensure consistency of reviews and that the quality standards are correctly applied.
- Identify areas that require additional education and guidelines to minimise App rejections and improve the overall quality of App submissions.
- Apply and provide guidelines to developers on how to apply Canva’s Design system components and patterns to deliver a consistent and delightful App experience.
- Identify opportunities to empower and inspire our 3rd party developer community with design education, design tips and recommendations.
- Provide both written and verbal feedback and guidance to developers through design consultations.
You’ll love this job if...
- You have a keen understanding of what makes a quality user experience based on your knowledge in design fundamentals in UX and UI.
- You have a keen understanding of user interactions and the importance of usability and accessibility in user experiences.
- You have an eye for great design and can apply and contribute to a Design system to ensure consistency, simplicity and integrity in a user’s experience.
- You love quality assurance challenges and enjoy working within target timelines and frameworks that enable you to apply your skills to a diverse range of user problems and design use cases.
We'd love it if you...
- Have experience in quality assurance and have provided critique and feedback on UX/UI designs.
- Have a strong foundation in design principles and demonstrated experience in UX/UI and user centered design methodologies.
- Understand user thinking and interactions to improve usability and accessibility
- Have strong written, visual and verbal communication skills to effectively provide guidance and recommendations.
- Can work efficiently within defined timelines to deliver timely feedback and recommendations to developers.
Working at Canva
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Whether you’re in the office, working from home or choosing your own adventure, our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• A temporary work from home setup as we prepare to provide a safe environment for Canvanauts who would like to work in the office. Our Future of Work plan is to move towards a hybrid work model (in-office & from home) You and your team can determine your ideal work setup. Whichever works best for you, #KayaSaCanva.
• Unique and flexible leaves options: :Recharge and go on your next getaway or simply take time off for yourself through our Vacation Leave, Give back through our Volunteer Leave to help out a charity or NGO of choiceSupport yourself or take care of your loved ones (even your furbabies) through our Sick or Carer’s Leave
• Focus on your own growth and development through our Professional Educational Leave
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowances for you to spend on anything that supports your wellbeing. Whether it’s a workshop, an electronic stand-up desk, a gym membership, or dinner with a teammate, we encourage you to do what you need to do in order to thrive.
• Virtual and in-office wellness and development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistance Programs, Fitness Classes and more to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program that matches your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
• A variety of Canva clubs that you can join to connect you to fellow Canvanauts with similar interests. From cycling, skincare, pets, to foodies (and the list goes on), we got you covered! Club activities can also be done remotely or in person.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process.