Apply for this job
We are building the next generation Cloud Metering and Usage-Based Pricing and Billing Platform. Our mission is to transition the world to a more fair and transparent business model in the form of Usage-Based Pricing.
Amberflo was founded in 2020 by ex engineers and GM from AWS. Our team has experience building and operating usage-based products at a very large scale at companies like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Oracle, Stripe, Microsoft and others.
This is the formation of a brand new category of software and Amberflo is at the forefront, and the first to bring to market an integrated platform with cloud native services for fast, petabyte scale Usage Metering and Usage-Based Pricing and Billing. Our platform is delivered PLG styled, self-service with Usage-Based Pricing.
We are passionate about the industry’s shift toward Product-Led Growth (PLG) and Usage-Based Pricing (UBP) and Metered Billing. We know from firsthand experience that an accurate and highly scalable Cloud Metering Service is at the foundation of successfully running and operating cloud native products and services, and we understand the challenges that building and maintaining such a system presents to business across all industries.
We are venture backed and as of 2022 have raised $20M in funding with leading bay area venture capitalists.
Our Culture and Your Impact
We are grounded in a common set of values and leadership principles and use them to drive decision making and effective collaboration and accountability. At the ground level this manifests into our employees having greater ownership and voice in an environment that encourages and values ideas, opinions, and feedback. Investing in high standards with our employees and products allows us to move fast and scale big. It is important that our new team members are passionate about our mission and values.
We are seeking a senior UI/UX designer who will be responsible for researching and delivering intuitive and engaging user experiences for web and mobile applications.
Amberflo is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
What you will do
- You will work closely with product, engineering, and leadership teams to develop seamless and user-friendly workflows and user interfaces for Amberflo products and features.
- You will collaborate with customer success to understand user needs and behaviors to guide product design and identify areas for improvement.
- You will create, review, and iterate on wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect designs using design tools and software. You will present these deliverables and collaborate with cross-functional teams on improvements and deployments.
- You will provide guidance and mentorship to junior designers and colleagues.
- You have 3+ years of experience working in a UI/UX design role and a 4-year degree in UI/UX Design or a related field.
- You have strong knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices. You should have a deep understanding of how to create user experiences that are intuitive, effective, and engaging. This includes knowledge of user research and testing, best practices of UI/UX design, usability principles, and design guidelines.
- You have advanced proficiency using design tools and software to create and iterate on design concepts. This may include tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, and other design and prototyping tools.
- You have experience designing for both web and mobile applications, including knowledge of responsive design and mobile-first design principles.
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills and are prepared to work closely with product, design, and leadership teams. You are able to effectively communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product managers, developers, and other designers. This may involve presenting design concepts and collaborating on design decisions.
- You are able to share a portfolio that showcases your design skills and experience. This may include examples of user flows, wireframes, prototypes, and final designs.
What we offer
- Working with a small, fast-growing startup team, lots of opportunity to take ownership and run with projects
- The opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a rapidly growing startup, working in an emerging space with a solid and experienced product and engineering teams
- Generous early-stage equity
- A culture that empowers great people to accomplish great things (and have fun while doing it!)
- Competitive salary and full benefits package
- Flexibility to work out of our Bay Area or remote office