Rhombus is purposefully transforming the nation’s defense and national security enterprises with Guardian, its Artificial Intelligence platform for strategic, operational, and tactical decision-making at the speed of relevance.
We are looking for people who are driven by a sense of purpose. In this role, you will serve as a Senior UI/UX Designer to solve our customer’s uniquely complex problems. We expect you to be a systems-level thinker and a real doer. You will excel in this role if you are hungry to make a difference and are intellectually bold. And we sure hope that you smile when you hear our clients say, “If we can dream it, Rhombus can do it.”
Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
Palo Alto, California or Washington, DC
Rhombus Power seeks a highly motivated Senior UI/UX Designer to join our fast-growing team that’s delivering complex enterprise AI software deployments. Candidates are expected to bring a strong track record of researching and delivering intuitive and engaging user experiences for web applications.
The Senior UI/UX Designer will be working with customer stakeholders, product, engineering, and leadership teams in developing and designing seamless and user-friendly workflows and user interfaces for Rhombus products and features. We’re looking for candidates who are motivated to understand user needs and behaviors to drive product design and identify areas for improvement. You’ll be creating, reviewing, and iterating on wireframes, prototypes, and pixel-perfect designs using design tools and software. You will present these deliverables and collaborate with cross-functional teams on improvements and deployment.
The position is available immediately, and will be based in either Washington, DC, or at our HQ in Palo Alto, California.
- Conduct research and communicate with clients to deeply understand their goals and challenges
- Partner with cross-functional team members around product problems, solutions, requirements, and priorities
- Creates storyboards, wireframes, user journeys, and high-fidelity mockups to communicate and validate designs
- Clearly and confidently present design concepts and key milestone deliverables to internal teams and key stakeholders
- Rapidly refine design concepts and prototypes through usability testing and user feedback
- Identify opportunities for design and process improvements and drive their implementation
- Work on multiple projects with varying levels of UX engagement, time to complete, and expectations
- Create and maintain accurate guidelines and repositories of design specifications and components to ensure a cohesive design language
- Review features implemented by engineering and provide guidance to ensure pixel-perfect experiences
- 3+ years of work experience as a web UI/UX Designer
- Strong and diverse portfolio showcasing UX and design skills. We’re looking for someone with an eye for design!
- Fluency in best practices for usability principles and techniques.
- Experience creating prototypes or wireframes for complex web applications, workflows, and data visualizations
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, and/or Sketch to create high-fidelity mock-ups and prototypes
- Experience developing/creating design libraries
- Intellectually curious and passionate about innovation
- Good time-management skills and ability to self-manage effectively in a remote environment
- An eye for detail and a high bar for quality
Nice To Have
- Relevant degree in the field of Design or HCI
- Experience with web front-end technologies such as HTML/CSS, Bootstrap, Leaflet, React
- Experience with Storybook and creating stories
- Experience with responsive design
- Palo Alto, CA, or Washington, D.C.
Rhombus Power Inc. (Rhombus) is a NASA Research Park startup located in the heart of Silicon Valley. We use cutting-edge cross-disciplinary approaches to solve pressing Big Data and Sensing problems in security, energy and healthcare. Our advisory board includes two Nobel Laureates and a Draper Prize winner.
Rhombus compensates, motivates, and develops employees, who are trusted, empowered, and involved. Employees have clear roles and expectations – and their roles are flexible enough to move at the speed of innovation in order to meet and exceed client expectations. We have a unique culture of global purpose, rooted in the innovation and progress of Silicon Valley.
Rhombus knows that diversity is a condition for success. We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.