Role: UX Copywriter - Financial Services - FTC (6 months)
Location: Flexible – we’d expect you to be in the office 1-2 days a week – this can be in Northampton or London (Canary Wharf).
As a confident and proactive copywriter, you’ll be taking the lead copywriting role on a variety of small to medium sized digital and print in-house projects, working directly with product owners and project managers, confidently elucidating on content and copywriting best practice with the diplomacy and tact to stand up for your ideas in the right way.
You’ll have the versatility to turn your hand to everything from in-app copy flows to regulated corporate notifications but no matter what you work on, your task will be to ensure that you engage with customers and clients in a human, clear and impactful way. The house style and tone of voice will be your bread and butter – and you’ll know how to apply it to our suite of products and services.
You’ll also be a confident sub editor, who can spot the tiniest error a mile off, and a natural at translating business or customer needs into world-class content.
THIS ROLE IS RIGHT FOR YOU IF...
- You like using your experience, insights and creative brilliance to write copy that is personalised, human, honest and effective
- You understand how to use content to get the customer where they want to be, helping them when they need support and communicating the values of our client.
- You’re happy challenging to ensure the best outcome for Customers, Clients & the bank – you’ll have final say when it comes to customer-facing copy on your projects
- You’re a people person, naturally choosing face-to-face conversations or phone conversations over emails and taking an open-minded and collaborative approach to work, challenging where it’s appropriate and giving constructive feedback on a regular basis
- You use financial regulations to improve the customer experience rather than hinder it and don’t pass on allegations and hearsay without substantive evidence
- You’re inquisitive enough to question why we are following a particular strategy as well as how we are doing it
ABOUT THE TEAM YOU WILL BE JOINING
You’ll be working in the client's in-house copy studio and they will manage your workload. Your projects will cover a wide variety of customer comms, working directly with stakeholders, largely autonomously. Most of your projects will be digital, running on our public and secure apps and websites.
The role will be part office, part home-based, you’ll therefore need great connectivity at home for the computer we’ll give you. You’ll probably be in our Canary Wharf office, but we are open to flexible locations with occasional travel.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING IN YOUR ROLE
You’ll be taking the copy lead role on small and medium digital and print projects, influencing how business needs are translated into customer or colleague-facing content, promoting a holistic and nuanced view of CX, and taking personal accountability for a project’s success. You’ll also be sub-editing content written by colleagues in the copy team and agencies, always applying tone of voice, house style, content strategy, customer experience principles and best practice.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with colleagues to deliver content against complex briefs – you’ll take the initiative and resolve business problems with effective business skills and stakeholder management rather than escalating to senior leadership. You’ll build relationships based on trust as well as mutually beneficial business arrangements – but also be able to have challenging conversations where necessary
- Making final calls on content before production, and deciding whether certain ideas or content executions comply with brand guidelines and wider constraints
- Making evaluative judgements based on the analysis of factual information, resolving problems by identifying and selecting solutions through the application of acquired technical experience
- Ensuring that all projects are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal client Policies and Policy Standards
WHAT SKILLS WILL HELP YOU BE SUCCESSFUL
Our successful candidate will:
- Be a self-starter with the ability to fit into the team and get stuck in from day 1
- Be able to understand the key elements of a brief and translate that into digital content solutions, pitching your ideas and explaining your reasoning
- Be a strong copywriter with good understanding of a variety of comms but especially digital content best practice and UX. You’ll also have a strong understanding of branding, TOV, content strategy and experience working with other teams in an agile environment
- Have relevant experience, ideally in financial services, or a similarly complex and/or regulatory sector in a company with complex digital needs. You’ll be familiar with (or able to rapidly learn about) financial compliance regulations, Advertising Standards Authority, data privacy rules and anti-fraud practices and always follow these guidelines to balance business and customer needs
- Be experienced in and have the confidence to work directly with and engage with stakeholders, managing their feedback and resolving challenges; able to understand the circumstances and drivers of key stakeholders, ensuring that they identify shared areas of interest and mutual benefit
- Want to work in an environment where colleagues feel free to try out new ideas and turn them into practical reality. You’ll be able to demonstrate a constructive approach to managing and resolving conflicts or differences
- Have strong attention to detail and look for feedback and insight from everything around them
- Have experience editing the work of other writers
- Be resolute in meeting promises and hitting objectives and deadlines
- Stand by their decisions, learning from their mistakes and backing up any judgment with analytical reasoning.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Lots of agencies say they're different. OLIVER is.
OLIVER believes that agencies work better inside a brand's organisation; delivering more effective work at the speed required to drive modern businesses forward. Using our unique Inside Intelligence methodology, we build specialist, dedicated in-house agencies that collaborate with clients to form better marketing solutions.
Established in 2004, our model is now driven by over 4000 people, working across more than 200 in-house agencies globally. Clients include The Guardian, Unilever, Barclaycard, PepsiCo, AXA, The AA, Adidas, BMW, Post Office, and 3M. OLIVER is part of the Inside Ideas Group (IIG), which also includes a global content agency to Adjust your Set, design, experience, and engineering company DARE and property marketing specialists Aylesworth Fleming.
We are a company built on our values, we have given you a brief overview below but would love to tell you more.
Be Ambitious to succeed
Be Imaginative to push the boundaries of what’s possible
Be Inspirational to do groundbreaking work
Be always learning and listening to understand
Be Results-focused to exceed expectations
Follow us on Instagram: @oliver.talent
Job ID: 5531
Inside Ideas Group and its’ affiliates are equal opportunity employers committed to creating an inclusive working environment where all our employees are encouraged to reach their full potential, and individual differences are valued and respected. All [suitable] applicants shall be considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by local laws.