Senior Product Designer - Patient Network
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people! Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Designer to lead the design of Invitae’s Patient Network experience. Our Patient Network empowers patients to access their clinical and genomic data, share information with care teams and contribute data towards research efforts and the development of treatments. In this role, you’ll drive our design vision, create frameworks and components to enable rapid development, and launch novel health data tools for patients, their care teams and researchers.
What you’ll do:
- Design the core experiences for our users based on a deep understanding of their needs as patients, providers and partners - from conception to execution
- Work closely with a cross-functional team that includes Product, Engineering, Research and Strategy to translate concepts into high impact designs
- Identify new product and design opportunities as we gather insights about what delivers value to our users
- Facilitate a structured process to move concepts into prototypes and refine concepts with user feedback
- Define and grow our design systems
- Provide strong design leadership and mentorship to ensure quality, consistency and usability of our products
- Advocate for the users we serve and communicate our design direction with leadership across Ciitizen and Invitae
What you bring:
- BA degree in Design or an equivalent field and/or 5+ years designing digital products from concept to deployment
- Strong background in user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design
- Practiced experience with human-centered design approaches in real-world product development, understanding how to generate user-centered insights and iteratively develop concepts at the right fidelity for user feedback
- Experience crafting and growing design systems and components
- Expertly communicates design proposals in individual and group settings to leadership and key team members
- Direct experience working with engineering teams to ship product in an agile environment
- Professional experience with consumer applications and marketplaces preferred. Experience designing for patient or clinician health applications a strong plus.
Please apply even if you don’t meet all of the “What you bring” requirements noted. It’s rare that someone checks every single item, it’s ok, we encourage you to apply anyways.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
You can find a detailed explanation of our privacy practices here.