Senior User Research Manager
Posted 1 month ago
Apply for this job
GoodRx is America’s healthcare marketplace. Each month, millions of people visit goodrx.com to find reliable health information and discounts for their healthcare — and we’ve helped people save $35 billion since 2011. We provide prescription discounts that are accepted at more than 70,000 pharmacies in the U.S., as well as telehealth services including doctor visits and lab tests. Our services have been positively reviewed by Good Morning America, The New York Times, NBC News, AARP, and many others.
Our goal is to help Americans find convenient and affordable healthcare. We offer solutions for consumers, employers, health plans, and anyone else who shares our desire to provide affordable prescriptions to all Americans.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has a seat at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other underrepresented groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, those in the LGBTQ+ communities, and Veterans to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch - we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
We are looking for a hands-on, action-oriented, and strategic Senior Manager, UX Research to solve some of the most ambiguous and complex user problems in the healthcare space. This role will be responsible for delivering meaningful user insights while also improving upon current processes, building internal relationships and helping to scale a small user research team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced researcher to impact the health of everyday Americans in a growing, purpose-driven company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work with Product Management, Data and Product Design, and/or Marketing as a lead researcher to drive highly actionable and meaningful research insights to inform product and feature directions.
- Strategize and communicate research findings across the organization to spread the importance of user research and the positive impact it brings to the product development process.
- Be highly collaborative, bringing partner teams into your research process to grow their understanding of the user problems we’re trying to solve.
- Provide guidance and training on research tools and techniques to encourage self-service UX research amongst Product and Design teams, as needed.
- Work with team members to identify, prioritize and scope research needs from small to large.
- Collaborate with Product and Design leaders and the VP of Insights to inform a research roadmap on a semi-annual basis.
- Mentor and eventually manage junior members of the team as we scale a small but impactful Insights team.
- Deep expertise in qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Experience using research tools such as UserZoom, dScout, Sermo, Qualtrics, YouGov, etc.
- Experience partnering with Product and Design teams to deliver actionable insights with business impact
- Understanding of business strategy and ability to develop user insights that align with and support business goals
- Experience partnering with other research-related modalities (e.g. Business Intelligence, Behavioral Science) to tell a larger insights story
- Experience operating in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Great synthesizer of complex user feedback and data, and can translate these into succinct and actionable insights
- An extremely strong communicator, able to clearly and efficiently articulate your findings with the team to inform product decisions
- Experience mentoring other user researchers and product designers, and enjoys providing mentorship to others
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly collaborative, and likes to bring everyone along in your research process
Skills & Qualifications:
- 6+ years of professional experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- 2+ years managing direct reports
- MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology, or a related field is preferred but not required
Compensation decisions are determined using a variety of factors such as skill set, experience, and education or certifications. If we extend an offer for employment, we will consider all individual qualifications. Below are our salary ranges for this position based on office location:
Santa Monica Office: $182,000 - $292,000
GoodRx also offers additional compensation programs such as annual cash bonuses and annual equity grants for most positions as well as generous benefits. Our great benefits offerings include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with a company match, an ESPP, unlimited vacation, "Take Care of Yourself" days, 11 paid holidays, and 72 hours of sick leave. GoodRx also offers additional benefits like mental wellness and financial wellness programs, fertility benefits, supplemental life insurance for you and your dependents, company-paid short-term and long-term disability, and more!
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $35 billion using GoodRx and million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.