Builder.io is driving the future of visual coding by making it compatible with every tech stack and available for every team. To execute on that dream, we must ensure that we have a product that satisfies all requirements current and future of our enterprise customers, and provides them with intuitive, easy to use experiences, whether it is a first-time or the n-th time they use our product.
As a member of the Product team, you will be responsible for the end to end experience of our customers. You'll play a key role in the Product team owning core product development from inception to post-launch iteration.
In this role, you will evaluate how experiences function and are perceived, and will work to elevate our visual style and define our product to get users on track to their happy paths. You will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to research and gather customer feedback, explore problem spaces, design potential feature solutions/improvements, support feature development, and iterate post launch to build world-class product experiences.
We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and can navigate ambiguity and lack of clarity at any given point. Experience defining, building and maintaining design systems and information architectures is a plus.
As a Product Designer, you will...
- Product knowledge: You'll eventually need to understand the technology and features of the product deeply. You will need to grow your knowledge of visual CMS systems and the context in which our customers are using Builder.
- UX Research: You are naturally curious about how customers perceive the problem you are trying to solve and whether the solution you designed works in the real world.
- Deliverables: You will own the design of a feature and work on the high-level design of the feature and the micro UX (copy, user flows, high fidelity mockups).
- Usability: You are able to turn complex technical workflows into delightful experiences, and enjoy looking for the little details, identifying small and large usability issues and finding ways to solve them.
- Take ownership of the development lifecycle of a product feature across the solution stage, design collaboration, development execution, documentation, and release planning.
- Create domain expertise quickly.
You will thrive in this role if you…
- Have 4+ yrs experience designing enterprise business applications.
- Experience building and maintaining design systems.
- Have proven experience in all phases of the design process including user research, UX writing, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Have an intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Have a passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Understand that form follows function
- A strong appreciation for letting customer feedback guide the team in feature development
- A strong appreciation for shipping a “good” version of a feature to the customer today in order to gather feedback and iterate quickly, instead of waiting to ship the “perfect” version a month from now
The items above are a starting point for a conversation, not a hard list of requirements. If this role excites you, we hope you will apply!
What Builder.io offers you:
- Unlimited time off. 3 weeks is the minimum that we will ask you to take each year
- Quarterly mental health days. We shut down the whole operation 4 times a year to give our team a chance to rest and recharge
- Paid parental leave. 12 weeks of full pay for the birth and care of a newborn child, or for the placement of a child for adoption or foster care
- $500 home office reimbursement. Help get what you need to be comfortable working in a digital-first environment
- $500 annual learning & development budget. Feel supported and empowered to continue developing your skills
- Co-working space reimbursement. Work from any WeWork at anytime with an All Access pass, or reimburse up to $299/month at another local co-working space
- Health Insurance. 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% covered for eligible dependents
- Additional Insurance. Builder covers your life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and you'll have access to supplemental benefits like accident and critical illness insurance
- 401k. Contribute to your financial future through our Guideline plan
- Real equity. We have a four year vesting schedule with a one year cliff. We also have a ten (10!!) year exercise window ? (yeah, we're pretty stoked about it!)
Builder.io is the first and only visual building (“no code”) platform that enables anyone to build and optimize digital experiences on any tech stack or platform. We’re backed by Greylock Partners and the founders and executives of many innovative and leading brands, including Allbirds, Harry's, Warby Parker, Caviar, and more.
While our HQ is in San Francisco, we are committed to operating as a remote-first company! Our team continues to expand globally, with team members spread out across the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia.
Builder.io is committed to growing an inclusive and diverse team. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.