Valence is a digital strategy, design, and engineering firm that is centered on the client experience and informed by the future. We help businesses navigate their digital journey to unleash opportunity.
Valence has been named as one of the best places to work by the Puget Sound Business Journal every year since we were founded and has been recognized as one of the fastest growing businesses on the East Side.
Do you value quality, innovation, creativity, passion, collaboration, and growth?
We offer flexible options to work from home in select states or collaborate with your team at our Bellevue, WA office. Our culture is about continuous learning, direct communication, open doors, mutual respect at all levels, promoting innovation, and embracing creative ideas from everyone. At every phase of employment, we want our employees to feel seen and heard even before joining our team.
We offer fully paid medical benefits for employees and their families, 401(k) match, generous PTO, flexible work schedules, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and plenty of company and team connection events.
Valence is a dynamic place to build your career, innovate and learn. Come join us – let’s build potential together!
Project & Position Overview:
Senior Designer to join in the effort of building the company´s Starlink product. Designer must have experience with designing mobile applications and experience within a product team and will need to be on-site some of the time. On-site with this client means vaccinated. The candidate will help the team execute by collaborating with multiple teams within the organization such as dev, prod management, operations, supply chain and external partners.
The User Experience Designer designs innovative and engaging digital products. Responsible for performing user-centered design activities related to products and mobile applications. The role will work with product and development teams to understand their design requirements and develop creative solutions for meeting those needs. Strong presentation and stakeholder communication skills, particularly guiding groups through the process of making data-driven decisions. Adept and open to working collaboratively, taking minimal direction and creating high fidelity designs with other design and development team. Understand the capabilities of a complex web-based system or application, and design easy to use, highly intuitive, and modern interfaces to support the brand message and increase usability. Evaluating existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness. Implement existing UX & design deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes, and style guides into functioning code
In this role, you will:
- Strong presentation and stakeholder communication skills, particularly guiding groups through the process of making data-driven decisions.
- Adept and open to working collaboratively, taking minimal direction and creating high fidelity designs with other design and development team.
- Understand the capabilities of a complex web-based system or application, and design easy to use, highly intuitive, and modern interfaces to support the brand message and increase usability.
- Evaluating existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness.
- Implement existing UX & design deliverables such as prototypes, wireframes, and style guides into functioning code.
- Big picture, user flow, and information architecture experience is a must.
- Ability to design out wireframes and take wireframes to a high-fidelity prototype.
- A successful candidate will bring deep technical and software expertise, strong project management skills, good judgment and the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
- Executive presence is a must, as there is likely interaction with high-level executives.
We’d love to hear from you if you have:
- 6+ years of experience as UX/UI Designer.
- Deep experience with designing products.
- Strong understanding of design process across lifecycle.
Things to keep in mind:
- You are authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.
- Hybrid position, must reside in WA State.
- WA Pay Range: $131,000 - $178,000
What we Offer:
- Fully paid medical/dental/vision benefits for you and your family.
- 401(k)-fully vested immediately, with match up to 4% of salary contributions.
- 19 days of PTO, plus 11 paid holidays.
- Flexible work schedules and telecommute options.
- 12 weeks paid Parental Leave.
- Flexible Spending Plan for dependent care and health care.
- Company paid short & long-term disability and Life/AD&D Insurance.
- Numerous company and team building events.
What will make you successful at Valence?
You have a passion for innovation and technology. You have a sense of humor. You believe in the potential in everyone. You are ego-free. You're collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anyone.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.